Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinions on Ozone Generators (Ozonics) for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve tried Ozonics, Scent Crusher bag, and the Wild Game Ion with success. As others have said it’s not 100% but I’ve had more success one downwind game then all those scent sprays and products

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Something about being in a deer blind surrounded by 3 video cameras, Go Pros at every angle, an ozone generator humming, reading a book on your ipad and posting on social media on your iphone just doesn't feel like the hunting experience to me. I've always viewed an ozone generator as just one more electronic thing I didn't want in my deer blind.
      Now I feel insulted! You forgot about my Mr. Buddy heater and my stove to cook hot chocolate, not to mention my remote to make the feeder go off again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Snake oil for goofs

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread, just something I have always pondered.

Do some deer become ok with some nominal human scents over time in a set? If you have a blind/feeder combination, they just get used to he “smell” to a certain amount?

I ask, because it seems as ozone is not bullet proof in examples given, but it seems some deer become accepting to a certain amount of scent they experience.

I always hunt my sets with the wind in consideration. I never make a sit on a set the wind might be just a little questionable.

That being said, I have always wondered if you were to rotate a piece of clothing on a regular basis in a set, would the deer just become accustomed to the smell?

Ftr, I have never tried an ozone system, so cannot provide input there.

Comment

i have a couple of electric ozone generators that i use on some of the houses that i buy. they have taken the smoke smell and funk out of a lot of places. but they say very specifically DO NOT STAY IN AREA WHEN IN USE. i turned one on and before i got out of the way it hit me in the face it gave me a crazy headache for a while. i have also had them kill insects in smaller places. (coincidence??) the ones for the blinds must be a different setup than the ones i use for deodorizing.

on a different note, when the deer smell cigars and hear beers opening from my stand they know it's going to be a good day and there will be plenty of extra corn on the ground. those smells and noises mean i'm by myself and i aint shooting and probably the gun is in the truck.

Comment

Michael you prolly knew when you posted this question you would get a 50-50 response. With that said I have been using Ozonics for about 12 years with good results. Its not perfect but it does help and like said earlier it could mean the difference between having a special buck come in down wind or getting busted with out Ozonics. Anyways I don't think it hurts to use one.

Comment

I'm a firm believer that it works... especially if you're hunting in an enclosed stand. So much so that I carried two of them with me on my Saskatchewan bear hunt this Spring and won't deer hunt here in East Texas without it. I think it's just as important as my bow or binoculars.
                It has allowed me to get away with hunting my stands on marginal winds. (I bowhunt out of enclosed blinds and will keep the windows shut and the ozonics running for the last 4 hours of dark).
                Now I'm not saying it eliminates 100% of your human scent, but I do think it blocks enough receptors in an animals nose that, without it, you would get busted every time. Using it, in my experience, I have found that probably 7 out of 10 deer that come downwind of me, don't spook like they were before me using it.
                I am a snob when it comes to my scent control though, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too. ( I will shower a month in advance of opening day with scent free soap and continue using it everyday throughout the season, as well as washing all my camo in scent free detergent, wearing rubber boots and spraying fox urine on my boots.)

Comment

It definitely works. To what extent, I don’t know. No one has studied/asked a deer. They wear out your rubber/elastic clothing though. Possible weaken other threads like seatbelts. But you definitely smell like the lake or a rain cloud. It’s basically like smoking your clothes in a campfire. Ozone is a gas.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    its not perfect but it does help, sometimes, i think.... And like said earlier it could mean the difference between having a special buck come in down wind, a special buck blowing out of there because of the ozonics or getting busted without ozonics. Anyways i don't think it hurts to use one but some folks do......

fify....

Comment

I've used one with success. It's just part of my arsenal... or was when I bow hunted. Really don't need one at 200 yards

Comment

I used one religiously for several years in a couple spots that wind swirled. I know they work better than nothing. I can’t convince the non-believers and I won’t try. They ain’t hunting with me anyway !

Comment

I have an Ozonics and they work.
                          They arent fool proof and dont work in all weather conditions.
                          But, I have shot my last 2 bucks while using my Ozonics.
                          Both were downwind and never acted as if they knew I was there.

Let plenty of my buddies borrow it and they all swear buy it too and some have purchased them.

What I will ask, those of yall who say it is a gimmick, how many of yall have used one?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                            I have an Ozonics and they work.
                            They arent fool proof and dont work in all weather conditions.
                            But, I have shot my last 2 bucks while using my Ozonics.
                            Both were downwind and never acted as if they knew I was there.

Let plenty of my buddies borrow it and they all swear buy it too and some have purchased them.

What I will ask, those of yall who say it is a gimmick, how many of yall have used one?

I’m not a full and have bought and used one … see above.

Comment

I've used the bigger ones for your home and they do work. Like WHE said, you don't stay in the house with it blowing high!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Based on experience or just skepticism of the technology?
                                Experience

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X