• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
    What do they do roll em over and ??
    Yes. You’ll find a hide full of quilts. Belly first

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Nice. I guess they don’t eat porcupines. If that’s what I’m seeing at the feeder

They do, my brother and I killed this one in Comstock. I found the porcupine hide which that is all that was left if it and some guts. The lion had the quills all in his face and lips when I finally put my hands on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wildlife biologist in the county told me that 70% of their diet is porcupine. I couldn’t believe it! He said with the deer population and porcupine population in the area they are not hurting for food. He definitely made a kill that night at my feeder because i am seeing so many turkey vultures at my feeder now.

Crazy story: about 4-5 months ago I was at the ranch by myself. I usually feed some foxes and raccoons from my cabin. When done with dinner I throw out the leftovers about 20 - 30 yards from my porch. I love seeing the animals at that cabin and they are “off limits” when at the cabin. I woke up at about 3AM needing to pee. I walked outside on my front deck. Started to pee and I heard a roar! It scared the **** out of me!! I froze; and listened for any sound. Yea there was nothing! I have startled many pigs out there, they are noisy as hell getting out of there. This was different. No sounds. Just a load heart curdling roar. I waited for you hat seem like forever, buy it was probably only 1-2 min. Then i grabbed my flashlight, nothing! In my mind i thought bobcat or lion. I really thought it was a mountain Lion. But after a while I thought ok your still drunk It was nothing. Now it all seems perfectly clear. It was a mountain lion.

Never in a million years would i have thought I would get great pictures of one on my property!

I hope he/she has a good life. I will not shoot it unless it starts killing livestock in the area, would rather it breed so my grandchildren can see and appreciate what they do for the ecosystem.

I know other will say otherwise and if or when you have he opportunity do what you want. My opinion is mine.

Comment

Good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Bobcat.
            LMAO…well done Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
              I'm guessing SW corner of Edwards County.
              Pretty much dead center of Edwards county- (about 20 miles west of the city)

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

How cool. Keep the pics coming if you get any more.

Comment

Those are cool pictures. It's good to know that something eats those dang porcupines. Their population has really exploded in the hill country, in the past 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post

I hope he/she has a good life. .
                        I'm pretty sure it is a he, unless it is identifying as a she. The last picture broadside at the trough, I think it's fairly clear he has a pair hanging.

Comment

very very cool!!! I would have 100 cameras out now!!

Comment

Working...
                          X