No announcement yet.

Handgun Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you’re considering a Kimber 1911, you owe it to yourself to check out Dan Wesson.

Comment

Sig makes a good handgun as does Kimber. I have a Sig P245 that I like but my go to pistol is a Kimber Tactical Pro II. Run over a thousand rounds through it and it just keeps on going.

Does need a cerakote job though.

Comment

I would go with a Springfield over a Kimber at a similar price point

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          I would go with a Springfield over a Kimber at a similar price point
          I’d agree. I have shot ~4k through my Kimber without issue when loaded with good ammo and Wilson mags, but the Springfields I see just seem to run better.

Comment

my best semi auto pistol is an hk p7 psp .. doesn't hurt that the value of them keeps going up.. it's ridiculously accurate, i've even gone to the range with a friend of mine who can't shoot worth a crap ... all sorts of issues ... he has 2 guns and can't shoot either one worth a crap ... gave him pointers .. he got a little better ... put the p7 in his hands .. he blew the bullseye .. he couldn't believe it .. neither could i .. anyhow if you're looking for something different give them a look .. i like mine so much i bought a second one.. one to carry a the ranch , one to let sleep and look @. it shoots every bit as good as my STI or CZ TSO. but i can still conceal carry it. here is a small video i did on it ... 1.5" group @ 21 feet without trying too hard on a windy day ...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCxvus2dPXI&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]HK P7 ! The BEST 9mm pistol EVER made! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I’ll throw my $0.02 in. The P series have always just fit my hand. Just picked up a new P226 Legion RXP and it is definitely a shooter. Got the RMR sighted in and man it makes me look good!!

Comment

Beretta 92F A1

Comment

For the two pistols you mentioned, I would go Sig every time for a EDC, I own both
                  P220 carry 45 , P365 9mm.... 3 Kimber 1911's Eclipse 45, Custom 10mm and Master Carry 45
                  I am a fan of both, and I love my 1911's but I don' think I have ever shot any of my Kimbers and not had some sort of feeding issue... "well maybe my 10mm has never given me any issues" so if your life depends on it, do what makes you feel the safest.
                  Don't get me wrong, there are ways, tweeks, adjusting and polishing to make a pistol more reliable if it has some feeding issues. but personally I would never be 100% satisfied that my Kimber would go bang every time in every situation, especially when I have a P220 at the house that will go bang every time!

Comment

My vote goes to CZ/DAN WESSON

Comment

Everyone likes something different. Pick the one you like and go with it. As for me I like glocks but I'm a tite wad

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by turkeyhunter1 View Post
                        My vote goes to CZ/DAN WESSON

Which CZ you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only opinion I can give is buy the handgun that you like and feels right in your hand. Anyone here is going to give you their opinion based on what a certain handguns balance and feel was to them, and or brand they like. And what experiences they have had with such handgun to form and opinion of such. What might feel good to someone else may not feel right for you.
                          Last edited by lordvader; 03-04-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Masterpiece Arms DS-9

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              Lol not in the same ballpark as OP's two options.

Comment

For a Sig in 45acp 1911, I like my C3. Fits the hand like any 1911 and carries easy without a lot of weight or printing.
                                In 1911 platform I will go with Sig over Kimber. I've only owned one Kimber and it was not very accurate compared to the Sig and RIA 1911's that I have. https://ssgundeals.com/product/sig-sauer-1911-c3/

Comment

Working...
                                X