Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type large birds are migrating over Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type large birds are migrating over Texas?

Definitely not geese. They are quite loud. Even when they’re high in the Sky they sound like they’re close to the ground.

Sand hill cranes?

Right now there are a bunch on the ground a half mile or so away and they are really noisy. This is the first time I’ve ever heard any stay the night nearby.

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
    Definitely not geese. They are quite loud. Even when they’re high in the Sky they sound like they’re close to the ground.

Sand hill cranes?

Right now there are a bunch on the ground a half mile or so away and they are really noisy. This is the first time I’ve ever heard any stay the night nearby.
    Yes, sandhills

Comment

cranes

Comment

Gray, large wing span, long feets and sound like theyre playing a kazoo, cranes

Comment

It is amazing to me how loud they are when they are nearly out of sight they are so high. To me the sound they make sounds like a super loud pigeon.

Comment

Their trilling cackle is one of those surefire signs the seasons are changing

Comment

Sounds like Sandhills. I had a group of 5 land at my feeders pretty often last year.

Comment

I have seen sandhill cranes multiple times, never heard them make any noise, I guess the ones I saw were in stealth mode. Never hunted them, just seen them out in some fields near my mother's place a few times during the winter. I guess they were too busy eating to talk. Never seen them flying just walking around in plowed fields.

Comment

Ribeye in the sky !

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post
                    ribeye in the sky !

yep!

Comment

Send em my way

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        I have seen sandhill cranes multiple times, never heard them make any noise, I guess the ones I saw were in stealth mode. Never hunted them, just seen them out in some fields near my mother's place a few times during the winter. I guess they were too busy eating to talk. Never seen them flying just walking around in plowed fields.
                        I've never seen sandhills not making any noise.

Comment

Come on 11/22

Comment

Working...
                          X