To many doe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To many doe?

I hunt on a small place in papalote (in between beeville and sinton). its about 150ish arces but it backs up to welder ranch all low fence.

we have seen some good bucks but LOTS of does. yesterday I sat in the morning and had 18 doe around me at 2 different feeders..

question is that to many for such a small place.

Sounds like it!

Comment

That’s a lot of doe at a feeder. Doe normally have a tougher time getting to a feeder, depending on be buck density.

Comment

Yrs probably, but unless your neighbor shoots them too there is probably no way to control them on your small parcel.

Comment

ya we plan on taking at least 6 doe this year just waiting for end of season

Comment

Probably so since They don’t kill anything on Welder except for a couple does a year with the TYHP hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
              ya we plan on taking at least 6 doe this year just waiting for end of season
              Why? After they’ve been bred? Kill them early season. But with you being next to that big ranch I’d just let them be. Enjoy your bucks and kill does for meat as needed. Hard to control numbers on 150 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Why? After they’ve been bred? Kill them early season. But with you being next to that big ranch I’d just let them be. Enjoy your bucks and kill does for meat as needed. Hard to control numbers on 150 acres.
                A quote from a well known ranch and a well known South Texas Biologist..

"When it comes to doe, all that matters is you kill them, dont matter the age, dont matter the time of season...All that matters is that you lower your numbers.."

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about doe numbers.
                  But it sounds like your neighbor may need to worry
                  If you feed, the bucks will run the does off if they want.
                  We don’t see many does around our feeders early and late
                  Just bucks.

Comment

Shoot 'em in the guts and let the pesky things run off to die!

I kid. I kid.

Comment

we are on the finger that splits off the creek, so lots of oak and acorns. I believe that most bucks travel the creeks and the most doe come to feeders that's why I see lots of them

Comment

No much you can do to control your doe headcount next to the welder ranch if they don't manage them. Just enjoy your great lease next to them. I had a big ranch next to me for years and had deer like your taking about but they high fenced it about 15 years ago and no doe problem now. Now lucky yo see 3-4 a year.

Comment

Doe is a doe. Kill them anytime

Comment

For the love of god the plural form of female deer is does. Not doe. You have 6 does not 6 doe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d fill my freezer with does as needed and then hunt bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X