Taking a break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a break...

...from cutting my meat. I have cut up 2 deer this year, working on 2 others, and it is work, I tell ya! I am meticulous about cutting out all silverskin, cartilage, and membrane! Anybody else as meticulous about trimming their wild game? My back is hurting!

Good grief! I feel like others I have criticized for starting "poor me" threads! Just shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!

Dude, o totally get ya. I didn’t get to butcher mine myself this year because of high temps on the day I shot it. But, I sure as heck didn’t miss all the work.

I did definitely miss the quality of the packaging, the cuts specifically how I like them, proper full muscle roasts, and ground meat without silver skin all in it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s definitely a workout!

Comment

I was a butcher 18 years and always did my own and all the family's. Heck I was younger then. Now all my joints hurt and I hobble on a bad ankle not to mention just getting past a badly broken arm and wrist.

Every one just leaves their ice chests on the back porch and don't even say howdy dowdy. I do about 20 a year. I hate to even shoot one myself.

Comment

Heck of alot work! I'm thinking about taking this one to the processor tomorrow morning!!! But that could cost me and save me alot

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I was a butcher 18 years and always did my own and all the family's. Heck I was younger then. Now all my joints hurt and I hobble on a bad ankle not to mention just getting past a badly broken arm and wrist.

Every one just leaves their ice chests on the back porch and don't even say howdy dowdy. I do about 20 a year. I hate to even shoot one myself.
            Aw man! I feel ya!

Comment

See thread about how people are softer these days!!��

Comment

think of the good things about it. its your deer cut up the way you wanted it.

Comment

Only time my back ever bothers me is standing and cutting up deer

May be counter level

I am the same way about getting as much of the non desirable stuff as i can out of and off of my meat when I process one

Comment

Used to process all my own, but as time went by the constant looking down and hunched over I said screw it and it all goes to the processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                      See thread about how people are softer these days!!��
                      Touche!

Comment

Yep Randy, I am the same way. And my back hurts like hell after cutting one up. Keep the knife sharp...

Comment

Right now you're letting your meat beat you. You're supposed to beat your ..

Comment

Yeppers. Just got done with the most of mine. Still have to grind burger. I'm very picky about all the silver skin. It's gotta go. Did get 20 lbs of slim jims made up and 5 lbs of jerky meat in the brine. They'll go on the smokers tmarrow after work. Just cant pass up holiday pay. I know I'm beat!!

Comment

Yessir, gotta get all the bad stuff off. I thought I had my boys almost trained, but the oldest didn't want to help this year. The youngest and I knocked mine out, but I was a little sore the following couple days. I helped a buddy clean 4 deer opening week of gun season, but he's not as picky as I am, so we got done pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X