Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever wonder where deer disappear to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever wonder where deer disappear to?

Does anyone ever wonder where deer seem to disappear to? I have had 2 deer on cam for all of august and September up until the day before bow season opened and they have not been seen since? Do y'all ever wonder where they go?

These 2 bucks had been on my dads camera 1 miles away in the summer, but have not been on camera or seen in person recently either.

Where do they go?

It drives me crazy thinking about it.

These are the 2 bucks. I call them Pancho and Lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Does anyone ever wonder where deer seem to disappear to? I have had 2 deer on cam for all of august and September up until the day before bow season opened and they have not been seen since? Do y'all ever wonder where they go?

These 2 bucks had been on my dads camera 1 miles away in the summer, but have not been on camera or seen in person recently either.

Where do they go?

It drives me crazy thinking about it.

I ponder this every year!!!!

Rwc

Comment

They foundering on acorns around my place, but I still see them at the watering holes.

Comment

They may not go far at all. When my ranch greens up they can disappear for a week or two. We don't even see them at night..But I'm 99% sure they are within a few hundred yards still.

Comment

Yeah I always think the worst when they disappear. Neighbor had to of shot them I think. But a lot of times some will show back up just out of the blue and of course others are never seen again.

Comment

They move into deeper water over shell, these temps are dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                They move into deeper water over shell, these temps are dropping!
                I know, I want to go fishing too.

Comment

There was a good podcast recently about three types of deer. Some are homers, some are extended wanderers, and some are homers that make quick trips to new territory.

Deer University Episode 30
                  Last edited by TxAg; 11-07-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I don’t know on a high fence place we had a mountain lion spotted and it was like a ghost town for a week or two
                    Then I had a nice wide 9pt disappear for 3 years only to reappear as a narrow 11pt with super nice mass that I shot , we didn’t see him once in that time
                    Attached Files

Comment

They survive by being masters at hide and seek; sometimes you have to go to them instead of bringing them to you (via feeders).

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        They survive by being masters at hide and seek; sometimes you have to go to them instead of bringing them to you (via feeders).
                        Totally understand, but it makes it difficult when only bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          Totally understand, but it makes it difficult when only bow hunt.
                          I hear ya! It ain’t easy in the least bit.

Comment

Where do they go?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              They foundering on acorns around my place, but I still see them at the watering holes.
                              Their hooves are swollen?

Comment

Working...
                              X