No announcement yet.

Ford F-250 New vs. Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always buy slightly used and well taken care of. I bought a certified used 2018 XLT last year with 30k miles on it, extended 100k warranty. Saved a good bit of money and the truck looked and smelled like it was new. I simply couldn’t afford a brand new one, I got as close as I could with this one.

Search nation wide and don’t be afraid to travel. I got lucky and found the best deal in Dallas, only had to drive 3 hours for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
      I always buy slightly used and well taken care of. I bought a certified used 2018 XLT last year with 30k miles on it, extended 100k warranty. Saved a good bit of money and the truck looked and smelled like it was new. I simply couldn’t afford a brand new one, I got as close as I could with this one.

Search nation wide and don’t be afraid to travel. I got lucky and found the best deal in Dallas, only had to drive 3 hours for it.
      Stuff like this is convincing me more and more to not drive a new truck off the lot again. Good find you had there.

Comment

Were i buying a 3/4 ton today i would buy a gasser unless i were pulling heavy loads every day. There is nothing cheap about a diesel. Also, IMO, the diesels now in terms of the emissions systems are where were were with the gassers in the late 70’s and early 80’s. If you lived through that you know what i mean.

Comment

Have you ever seen a used truck for sale that wasnt "gently used"? Apparently nobody is rough on trucks these days......

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            I will probably never buy another new vehicle. Let someone else eat the depreciation.
            I just bought a new truck because it was only 2k difference on a used rig with 20k miles on it

Comment

I have always bought new until this last purchase. I wanted a Lariat F-250 gasser and found one I liked but the dealer was......well let’s just say they didn’t get my money. Ended up checking around on a low mileage used truck and searched nation wide.

I found literally exactly what I was looking for an hour from the house and I coupled with a good extended warranty, drove out paying about $20k less than new. I don’t think I’ll ever buy new again. This truck came with every option in a platinum except the badges. I did my financing over the phone and the truck was ready for drive out as soon as I got to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought one last year. I ended up buying new after months of searching for a decent deal on a used truck. I believe that buying used is typically the right choice......unless you are buying a Powerstroke or a Tacoma. Those two vehicles seem to be stupid when it comes to used prices. Might as well buy new.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  My problem is that I tow stuff, so I don't want to leave diesel for gas.
                  I pull a 4 horse gooseneck about 3 times a week and almost ever weekend to a rodeo and I have yet to go to a diesel rig.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    I pull a 4 horse gooseneck about 3 times a week and almost ever weekend to a rodeo and I have yet to go to a diesel rig.
                    I used to do that in college. I had a gas engine and once I got a diesel, I never wanted to pull anything with a gas engine again.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                      I have always bought new until this last purchase. I wanted a Lariat F-250 gasser and found one I liked but the dealer was......well let’s just say they didn’t get my money. Ended up checking around on a low mileage used truck and searched nation wide.

I found literally exactly what I was looking for an hour from the house and I coupled with a good extended warranty, drove out paying about $20k less than new. I don’t think I’ll ever buy new again. This truck came with every option in a platinum except the badges. I did my financing over the phone and the truck was ready for drive out as soon as I got to the dealer.

I thought you bought a 7.3 gas?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        I thought you bought a 7.3 gas?

Nope I got a 2017

Comment

Nope I got a 2017

Well heck. Not sure why I was thinking that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Well heck. Not sure why I was thinking that...

Lol cause Reba is in such good condition she looks like a 2020 [emoji6]

Comment

Lol cause Reba is in such good condition she looks like a 2020 [emoji6]

Lol! Maybe that’s it.

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I think I'm going to wait around and see what kind of discounts they offer on the 2020's once the 21 models come out.

Comment

Working...
                                X