Lack of comedies out of hollyweird...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    Ok so I rented JoJo Rabbit after reading the above. Um not sure I saw the same movie yall did. It wasnt funny at all. It was decent movie for a drama and had some good lessons. But funny? Dont think I laughed once, the Hitler guy was kind of humorous but just in a slapstick kind of way. Based on above I was expecting this lol comedy. Hmm
    I laughed one time when the kid blew himself up. Turned it off after he found the girl. I watched it because the recommendations on here, not worth the $$ to rent.

Comment

Ok so I rented JoJo Rabbit after reading the above. Um not sure I saw the same movie yall did. It wasnt funny at all. It was decent movie for a drama and had some good lessons. But funny? Dont think I laughed once, the Hitler guy was kind of humorous but just in a slapstick kind of way. Based on above I was expecting this lol comedy. Hmm
      I rented it as well and was sadly disappointed. One or two chuckles but not much more than that

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Dave Chapelle and Bill Burr both **** excellence. Their netflix specials are great!

Bill Burr is greatness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I feel like all the greats don't want to make funny movies anymore. They all so worried about political correctness and hurting someone's feelings that you can't poke fun at any group. Movies like Blazing Saddles, Police Academy or even newer ones won't be made any more. Tropic Thunder is 10 years old and would never be able to have been made in 2020. People like Adam Sandler haven't made a funny movie since the 90's.

Bert Kreischer has a pretty good standup special out called "Secret Time". The stories about his dad had me rolling.
          Last edited by cap50948; 03-11-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Good boys looks like a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I laughed one time when the kid blew himself up. Turned it off after he found the girl. I watched it because the recommendations on here, not worth the $$ to rent.
              Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I rented it as well and was sadly disappointed. One or two chuckles but not much more than that
              I should have read this 48hrs ago.. Won’t be long it it will be in the free section.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                Actually their whole lives and opinions are a comedy.
                VERY TRUE.

Doesn't fit their indoctrination model right now.

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Hollywood is dying on their own sword and will eventually become a thing of the past.

Is this Jojo on Netflix?
                Hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  I should have read this 48hrs ago.. Won’t be long it it will be in the free section.
                  So it wasn't just me

Comment

Originally posted by cap50948 View Post
                    I feel like all the greats don't want to make funny movies anymore. They all so worried about political correctness and hurting someone's feelings that you can't poke fun at any group. Movies like Blazing Saddles, Police Academy or even newer ones won't be made any more. Tropic Thunder is 10 years old and would never be able to have been made in 2020. People like Adam Sandler haven't made a funny movie since the 90's.

Bert Kreischer has a pretty good standup special out called "Secret Time". The stories about his dad had me rolling.
                    This is the issue. Ben Stiller recently apologized for making Tropic Thunder. Can you imagine the outcry if "The Jerk" came out recently. Steve Martin acting black for an entire movie would get him ****canned in Hollywierd.

Comment

Working...
                    X