Question for the gun enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the gun enthusiast

What is the best rifle I can get at bass pro/ cabelas? I have a TON of giftcards from past holidays that are just collecting dust and I’d like to turn them into a 308. Not real hip with the new rifles on the market, any advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
    What is the best rifle I can get at bass pro/ cabelas? I have a TON of giftcards from past holidays that are just collecting dust and I’d like to turn them into a 308. Not real hip with the new rifles on the market, any advice is appreciated.

I’ve got a tikka that shoots well and my brother and dad both have Bergara rifles that shoot well.

Two non custom rifles that I want are Browning Hells Canyon and the new Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cabelas gun library gets some pretty nice stuff. If you are wanting the best you can get browse the library online and have it shipped to your local (closest store).

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Cabelas gun library gets some pretty nice stuff. If you are wanting the best you can get browse the library online and have it shipped to your local (closest store).

Definitely this. I’ve bought 2 lefty Weatherby Mark V’s from the gun library, and they handled the transaction very efficiently. One rifle, a 460 Custom Lazermark, took a little longer because it had to be shipped from the store near Seattle. The other one was shipped from Arizona and was delivered in less than a week.

You can spend as much as you want from the gun library. I’ve handled $15,000 Sabatti double rifles at the Buda store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be looking at the light weight Browning X-Bolt Pro Tungsten assuming it is in your budget. https://www.browning.com/products/fi...-tungsten.html

Comment

Lots of good options.

Bergara
            Tikka
            Browning
            Savage

To a few

The Bergara would be tops on my list. They're great shooters and pretty much a 700 footprint on the action.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of the savage’s that aren’t the axis series.

Comment

I’d look at the tikka veils. I’ve got one in 308 and it shoots everything 150gr-175gr sub MOA

Comment

"Best" depends entirely on what you plan to do with it and what your budget is but as others mentioned you can find pretty much anything you're after through their online gun library

Comment

Tikka

Comment

Tikka.. love mine.

They do have Sako.. Tikka's parent.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tikka here as well. My latest purchase was the Tikka T3x Superlite in 243 Win.
                        Just got my CDS dial put on last weekend and went to the range to put it on paper. I am very impressed with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just get the most expensive one you can get with all of your gift cards, sell it and get a custom made.

Comment

Sako

Comment

Depending on how much you have in gift cards and what you’re wanting to spend you can always buy the gun elsewhere and buy optics and ammo from Cabelas.

Comment

Working...
                              X