Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fender flares on your buggy, Need or not needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender flares on your buggy, Need or not needed?

I'm waiting for my Can Am defender max xt to arrive (Thanks Justin), and thinking I need the fender flares. I will be hauling hunters to and from the stands at the ranch I'm working at and want to keep them clean. Is there a major difference in the amount of mud, water, etc that is deflected between the sport and full size fender flares?

Yes there is a MAJOR difference on the amount of mud with & without flares, especially if you have oversized tires.

Comment

Sling it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Design flaw on canams, mud flings everywhere. Fender flares help, but still going to get dirty. On an old ride i used the thinner horse stall mats to make oversized flares, doesnt fit so well on canam.

Comment

Yes they are needed. I have a Ranger XP 1000 Crew but adding fender flares made a huge difference. I went with mud busters, not sure if they make them for the can am.

Comment

Get the larger flares. Helps a lot!

Comment

Yes… much needed.

Easy to install there are small divots molded in where you drill holes.

Comment

I actually ordered some after market flares off amazon that work pretty good. My Can am Texas edition would sling mud all over the seats while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                    I actually ordered some after market flares off amazon that work pretty good. My Can am Texas edition would sling mud all over the seats while driving.

What brand are they?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      What brand are they?

I had to go back an research on amazon. I bought this in 2018. I have quite a bit left over.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                        I had to go back an research on amazon. I bought this in 2018. I have quite a bit left over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got any pics of your buggy with them on it ?

Comment

If you have a canam and 28” tires, you will definitely need them on the front at least! The one we have at the ranch I work at will completely cover you in mud after it rains. It sucks!

Bisch

Comment

Ill try and take a pic tonight. They aren't going to win any beauty contest but they don't look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              If you have a canam and 28” tires, you will definitely need them on the front at least! The one we have at the ranch I work at will completely cover you in mud after it rains. It sucks!

Bisch

Bisch, what model buggy y’all use? Got any pictures?

Comment

Working...
                              X