Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Thoughts?? This can't be good for stability...

Lots of other links in the article as well.

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

Putin Strikes Back: Russia Cuts Off European Gas Supplies, Starts Selling Dollars: “The Decision Has Been Made”

Vladimir Putin has been silent lately. But if anyone thought he had been shamed into defeat or marginalized, then think again.

In the last few hours Russia has announced two key strategic decisions that show they are not going to stand idly by while their economy and way of life are destroyed by Western forces.

First, presumably in response to stiff sanctions leveled by the United States and the European Union after the annexation of Crimea last year, Russia has cut off 60% of Europe’s gas supplies right in the middle of winter. This has caused an almost immediate crisis in six European nations that have seen a complete cut-off to their supplies – Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia and Turkey – with more to follow. According to reports via Zero Hedge, the effect has been almost instantaneous.

Without Russia residents across Europe have no way of staying warm.
    Cutting off gas seems like a decision of last resorts. They're already taking it in the chin on oil, now they're gonna lose revenue on gas. I think they're getting pretty desperate.

Comment

This is the fourth time Russia has done this in a fit of petulance, most recently they did it last year. They will make their point, people will be cold for few days, and then they will turn the gas back on.

We do need to get our US LNG terminals through the regulatory hurdles and up and running so that eventually Russia won't be able to use this stick on Europe.

Comment

SLB just announced 9000 layoffs coming

A large number of layoffs are coming at oilfield services company Schlumberger. The company tells Eyewitness News they're in the process of reducing their workforce by 9,000 jobs. The layoffs started in the last quarter of last year, and will continue through 2015. No word yet on which specific jobs will be affected. Schlumberger's profits have taken a hit with the falling price of oil.

Comment

Schlumber cutting 9k Jobs

whoops...didn't see the previous post...sorry for the dup

chron.com article with other layoffs in the works

http://www.chron.com/business/outsid...ll-6017594.php
          Last edited by doppelganger; 01-15-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

it's coming....

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              combined with this??

The other side of the pond is about to reach a boiling point imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                Teaching the Dave Ramsey class right now at my church. It should be mandatory for all college grads and oil field guys. Heck it should be mandatory for everyone to sit through it. It couldn't hurt.
                Great class! I love the plastic surgery! Not having a credit score can be a good thing too....

Comment

World's recession, reducing demand even further un an already over supplied market. .. this could really be bad for crude recovery.

Comment

Yep. The Saudis may have pushed their luck too far

Comment

Up 5% today. First positive closing week in 7 weeks. Let's keep hoping for more positive weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                        Teaching the Dave Ramsey class right now at my church. It should be mandatory for all college grads and oil field guys. Heck it should be mandatory for everyone to sit through it. It couldn't hurt.
                        AMEN to that!

If people knew it there wouldnt be so many issues and problems with the BUST everyone knew was coming

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          AMEN to that!

If people knew it there wouldnt be so many issues and problems with the BUST everyone knew was coming

Ha!!!!!!

Comment

I saw on TV last night that even ole Mattress Mac is pulling for the oil (or maybe not).
                            If you buy $7000 in furniture, and oil hits $85 by 12/31/15, your furniture is free.

Comment

Well looks like we're picking up 3 more rigs in west Texas and looking at 5 more from another customer. Just rumors but hope is there. Hope it does happen so we can get off this rotation! Then again, only working 10-16 days a month is nice when compared to the normal 22-27 days a month. Got plenty in savings, 401k and plenty of credit. Should be fine for several months. Bphillips, sorry to hear about your rig. I'm sure they'll put u on another one. You sound like a veteran. Hope it works out for ya man.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                Well looks like we're picking up 3 more rigs in west Texas and looking at 5 more from another customer. Just rumors but hope is there. Hope it does happen so we can get off this rotation! Then again, only working 10-16 days a month is nice when compared to the normal 22-27 days a month. Got plenty in savings, 401k and plenty of credit. Should be fine for several months. Bphillips, sorry to hear about your rig. I'm sure they'll put u on another one. You sound like a veteran. Hope it works out for ya man.
                                Yea ours isn't the only one either. Another one of our west tx rigs is drilling to intermediate casing point and cementing the well and stacking the rig. They're talking about a second pay cut and first round of layoffs soon. I SHOULD make it past at least the first cut but who really knows. We will go to rotation after the layoffs of the guys that were hired to basically be a warm body filling a position.

Ive stashed money like they were done printing it so I can weather the storm and let my wife put her degree to use haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X