No announcement yet.

HELP! Matthews, Hoyt, or PSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer your question directly, go with Mathews Chill r and get the rock mods put on.
    Okay now IMO, go shoot an Elite energy 35 or 32 or both, and take cash with you because you will buy an elite once you shoot it.

Comment

When i started out i shot tons of bows.. The hoyt was a nice bow and was a great shooter but to me it wasnt what i felt comfortable with so i tried bear and didnt care much for them... The mathews i shot the helim and it was nice but im not a fan of the grip, shot a bow tech and loved it as well as the diamond ended up with a diamond... After a year i went to my bil archery shop in new mexico and shot the pse dna and that is now whats in my bow case i love it its fast accurate and just what i want

Comment

Originally posted by Mcb4 View Post
        ^^^best advice you will get right there!

That being said I like Mathews
        I agree with both.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
          Check out the new obsession bows. I've been a Mathews man forever and I just bought a obsession evoloution. This is a VERY sweet shooting bow.

You said a wordy dird!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            You said a wordy dird!!!!!!!
            Its all your fault!

Comment

This thread is about to turn south now!

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
                Probably be said over and over again but get to a good shop and shoot as many as you can. Don't get caught up on a specific brand, let the bow pick you. You should know when you find it.
                best advice ever!

Comment

Wow...I didn't mean to stir it up... : )

Thanks for all the advice, I'll make sure to let everyone know what my final decision is...

Comment

shopping myself. the options are overwhelming.

Comment

I had a worker at West Houston Archery tell me, he shoots Hoyts but sells Mathews for to make a living.

Comment

As others have suggested, don't buy a bow without first shooting the Elite Energy 32. I will be buying one very soon, as it is the smoothest bow I've ever shot.

Comment

"Catch Us If You Can"!!

Comment

There are several factors to consider. What is your budget? Do you prefer speed? Or a smooth draw? Short axle to axle or longer?

For a price point bow that is very underrated in my opinion, try a PSE Drive LT (2014) or a Drive (2013). Very smooth, easy on the pocketbook, and respectable speed. The DNA and The DNA SP are very nice bows, but the valley kinda disappears at draw lengths over 28". If you have good form and do not have a tendency to creep, they are fine bows.

The new Z5 cam on the Hoyt bows is a nice cam. Hoyts feel good in the hand, and are a very durable bow. They draw and shoot nicely. I have seen them dry-fired with no damage. More than once...

No matter what anyone says, Mathews still makes top quality bows that shoot well. The Creed XS is a nice bow. Any of the Chill series bows with the new Rock Mods installed will be good shooters.

Bowtech's upper offerings such as the Carbon Overdrive and the RPM 360 are nice bows also, both with great speed. The Experience is a great shooting bow and only slightly slower.

The Elite Energy bows are very nice as well. I prefer the E32 for a hunting bow over the E35 personally, but they are both nice.

The Bear Archery of today also has some very smooth drawing, nice shooting bows. The Agenda series (hybrid cam) and the Venue (one cam) are both sweet shooters

I am not a brand loyal person. I am not a "fanboy". The fact is, all of these companies have a bow or bows that I would love to own if I had the cash. Shoot as many as you can and I am certain you will find one you really like.

Comment

BOWTECH, next question.

Comment

Personally out of those 3 I think hoyt is the best, because it is the most user friendly. For example to change the draw length on a mathews you have to change the whole cam, a PSE isnt much worse than the hoyt but I had a PSE and the module bent so I couldnt change the draw length again (that was a common problem I saw on many forums) but PSE replaced it no questions asked, on a hoyt all you have to do is change the modules and move the draw stop. Personally I think BowTech is the best bow on the market right now because they are smoother drawing than many bows, they have some insane kinetic energy, and they are reliable. The Carbon Over drive is extremely smooth and light, at 72 lbs it felt like it was a 50 lbs draw.

These is just the technical side to it, go shoot every bow you can get your hands on and when you find the right bow you will definitely know it

Comment

Working...
                                X