Floor Workout Glove Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Workout Glove Recommendations

Im over the hill gents. I workout hard 5 days a week, weights and conditioning. At 41 now and the “heel bones” in my palm are killing me. 6 ft 4 and hover around 250 pounds. Looking for something designed for explosive floor exercises with good grip and excellent padding preferably fingerless. Appreciate any advice before spinning the Amazon disappointment wheel.

I would bet that the best thing to look into would be a pad for the floor. The padding in most gloves that I have seen is minimal at best. If your floor workout consists of push ups and burpees you should be able to get a pad to lay down that you could easily move around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      Im over the hill gents. I workout hard 5 days a week, weights and conditioning. At 41 now and the “heel bones” in my palm are killing me. 6 ft 4 and hover around 250 pounds. Looking for something designed for explosive floor exercises with good grip and excellent padding preferably fingerless. Appreciate any advice before spinning the Amazon disappointment wheel.
      Do your pushups on medicine balls....nice cushion, serious isolation.

I don't wear gloves working out, but do for my job...PIGS are the best glove we've used and tested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I rarely use gloves for weightlifting as I learned they (wraps) promote injury in the long term. I use pads when I can but I do routines that involve integrating Olympic style lifts with immediate transition to explosive floor work, for example. Need something that is immediately available.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
          Do your pushups on medicine balls....nice cushion, serious isolation.

I don't wear gloves working out, but do for my job...PIGS are the best glove we've used and tested.

Thanks, Ill probably buy a pair of these training aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            I rarely use gloves for weightlifting as I learned they (wraps) promote injury in the long term. I use pads when I can but I do routines that involve integrating Olympic style lifts with immediate transition to explosive floor work, for example. Need something that is immediately available.
            That's awesome man, hopefully you find something that works for you. I do lots of stuff on the slab in my barn too, it does start making the hands bark after bear crawls and everything else.

Comment

Might not be much help but for what its worth.

I am alot younger and smaller than you (6"1 205ish 25yr) but I started doing grip strength training and it really helped my hands. Also will hang on the bar for a minute or two to warm up everything.

This seemed to help my wrist pain ALOT.
              -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
                Might not be much help but for what its worth.

I am alot younger and smaller than you (6"1 205ish 25yr) but I started doing grip strength training and it really helped my hands. Also will hang on the bar for a minute or two to warm up everything.

This seemed to help my wrist pain ALOT.
                -Jack
                Thanks, Im good on the tendons. Olympic lifts ensured that through years of growing pains lol. Im specifically talking about shock from landing on the heel pad. Burpees, clapping pushups, any crawling exercise etc....

Ive had to do the same for my heels but shoes are easy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X