Which would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would you choose?

Been thinking about investing into a skid steer, backhoe, dozer for our ranch.. if you had to pick one for all around which would it be?
    Mostly used for fencing, fixing roads, clearing brush.
    Already have tractors for mowing/light to medium work

Skid steer would be hard to beat with a couple choice attachments unless clearing brush/fencing requires the removal of large trees or stumps

Comment

Only 1 it would be a skid steer hands down no questions asked. I have several of each of the items you mentioned and as long as you don’t buy a cheap small one you can do most everything you need done with a 100 hp skiddy and a few things you shouldn’t

Comment

Def a skid steer with trax !
        If your not cutti g big hard dirt or building lakes this is exactly what you need.

Comment

95 HP kubota skid steer with AC!

Comment

Any specific reason to go tracks over tires?
            All the ones I have rented have had tires.. so no experience with tracks.
            Which brands are good to go with and which ones to stay away from?
            We have kubota tractors and have been great.. just don’t know much about brands of skidsteers.. seems like everyone I’ve seen around here are CAT

Comment

Backhoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                Only 1 it would be a skid steer hands down no questions asked. I have several of each of the items you mentioned and as long as you don’t buy a cheap small one you can do most everything you need done with a 100 hp skiddy and a few things you shouldn’t
                You can’t dig a ditch with a skid steer. Well, you could but it would be 6’ wide and take forever.

Comment

Tracs for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    You can’t dig a ditch with a skid steer. Well, you could but it would be 6’ wide and take forever.

You can get an excavator attachment and a trencher attachment for a skid steer, so you could definitely dig a ditch. Then you can put the bucket on and relocate or load the soils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                      Been thinking about investing into a skid steer, backhoe, dozer for our ranch.. if you had to pick one for all around which would it be?
                      Mostly used for fencing, fixing roads, clearing brush.
                      Already have tractors for mowing/light to medium work

Skid steer/track loader hands down. Tracks give you a lot more traction and ability to push through heavy brush easier. We’ve used ours at the lease for clearing, grading, trenching water & electric lines, and I’ve used them to punch countless post holes. Most versatile machine you can get.

Comment

Skid steer fo sho! But it is cheaper to rent believe me.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                          Any specific reason to go tracks over tires?

All the ones I have rented have had tires.. so no experience with tracks.

Which brands are good to go with and which ones to stay away from?

We have kubota tractors and have been great.. just don’t know much about brands of skidsteers.. seems like everyone I’ve seen around here are CAT
                          Cat, bobcat, or Kubota

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

2017 bobcat T750 $48,000

I use a lot of Bobcat track loaders, and they seem to be pretty d@mn tough. The one in the classifieds is the perfect size IMO, unless you’re doing large scale work. The 95hp+ get pretty big & heavy, thus a tad more difficult to haul around (bigger trailer needed).

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                              You can get an excavator attachment and a trencher attachment for a skid steer, so you could definitely dig a ditch. Then you can put the bucket on and relocate or load the soils.

The excavator attachment is junk compared to a backhoe. The trencher attachment is legit but how much water / electric line are you going to run to justify the cost of that attachment.

Comment

Working...
                              X