No announcement yet.

Wife’s boss is ticking me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A grown man, feeling comfortable enough to ask my wife to make deliveries for him would raise some eyebrows.... Let alone during weather like this. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Who actually boils water? It comes out way cleaner than the horse troughs and water hoses I drank out of as a kid. Lololol

This guy is a Karen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good time to negotiate a substantial raise.

Comment

Tell him you’ve drank too much to get on the road but if he will bring you more beer and whiskey you will trade it for bottled water!!

Comment

He would probably think my water tastes funny!

Comment

I think your over thinking it. I bet he has asked for several things and has not been told NO yet. I bet a NO once in a while would get him to think twice about asking for favors, or atleast make it easier to say NO the next time. Each one gets easier

Comment

Without knowing all the details I won’t jump to any conclusion. If my boss/company called me right now and asked if I could deliver some waters I would do it with no questions asked. That same boss/company also really takes care of us if/when we ever need it.
                One example I can give is this morning we received a notification that any employee that had plumbing issues can get a 2-hour service call from a plumber payed for by the company.

You obviously know your situation better than anyone else, but sometimes it can be a give and take.

Comment

Already been said many times, but that was very inappropriate for him to even ask. A real leader is looking for ways to help his team not the other way around.

Comment

The part I don't understand is why the wife is upset with you for not risking your life. Mine would tell her boss to start hiking.

Comment

I’m guessing Amazon delivery is too slow for him?

I’m with many others on this. His lacking of planning is not an emergency on my part.. nor does his inconvenience to boil water outweigh the risk of driving 80mi during these conditions.

Comment

Maybe he just wants to see your wife.

Comment

Something doesn’t sound right. Why does he feel he can come at you like that? That’s pretty dang brazen of him. Asking and a please goes a long way. I’d not take it as well as you and would have some serious questions for the wife on why he feels he can basically issue demands like that.
                          Last edited by sharkhunter; 02-18-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                            The part I don't understand is why the wife is upset with you for not risking your life. Mine would tell her boss to start hiking.
                            Lol she needs a 12pk of Coca-Cola

Comment

That's unbelievable. I love helping folks in need, but not if it endangers myself or my family. The fact that he asked that shows he has zero respect or concern for your family's well being. Folks today?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                Who actually boils water? It comes out way cleaner than the horse troughs and water hoses I drank out of as a kid. Lololol

This guy is a Karen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Its a precaution just like wearing a rubber. Most of the time you'll be ok but that one time your not is gonna suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X