Water Supplements??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Supplements??

We put out a couple of water stations this past week to supplement our tanks. My question is does anyone add anything to the water they put out? I'm thinking something like electrolytes, medicine (for sickness or ticks) or anything else that would benefit the deer's health. We have never added anything to the water but I was thinking that may be an easy way to give them a little more help. I'm just not sure what to add or if adding anything would help at all.

Ours really go for this in the hotter months. Slurp it right up!

You do have to stir it well though.

Read reviews and buy Country Time Lemonade Drink Mix - 19oz Canister at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Comment

Wonder how whitetails even survived 40 years ago.

Comment

Whey isolate protein 2 lbs per 50 gallons, tons cheaper than buying regular dry protein and it adds way more mass

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Ours really go for this in the hotter months. Slurp it right up!

You do have to stir it well though.

https://www.target.com/p/country-tim...r/-/A-12953705
          LOL

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          True, but they didn't have out influence back then. Just wondering if there was anything else easy to add that would help them out.

Comment

If it’s a new water station just get them to drink from it first before adding anything. If they’re already in it then that’s the most important thing I’d say. After that I’ve read electrolytes can help and I guess other things but I couldn’t say from experience.

Comment

You can go too far with them. I think you would be better off putting trace blocks by your water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                Whey isolate protein 2 lbs per 50 gallons, tons cheaper than buying regular dry protein and it adds way more mass
                whey protein for sure
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like there is nothing else to do other than maybe some mineral blocks in the feed pen as well.

Comment

Our deer have barely used our water stations even in the drought. We do have some ponds also but the stations are in remote areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                      Our deer have barely used our water stations even in the drought. We do have some ponds also but the stations are in remote areas.

Mine are going through 50 gallons a day/night between my two feed pens.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post

We are heading up again this weekend so I'll be able to see how much they drank in a week. We do have several tanks that still have water plus a few water holes that have a little water from the last rain. I'm not expecting them to drink much but if they show up for the corn and protein I think they will take a drink as well. Either way it was an easy set up and easy to fill so if 1 deer uses it, it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Many didn’t. Anything I can reasonably do to help them I do. This drought has passed terrible and is approaching tragic.

My lease in atascosa county didn’t have many deer until the 50’s
                          My Blanket area was about the same. According to original landowners of each ranch.

Comment

Working...
                          X