Father's Day and the Loss of a Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father's Day and the Loss of a Child

Wasn't up to getting on the Green Screen yesterday, guess I was in my head too much.
    Wanted to take a second and say a couple of things:
    1st -
    Happy Father's Day to all the Green Screen Dads out there.
    Hope each of you had a great and relaxing day.

2nd -
    This was my First Father's Day without my Oldest Daughter. She was always the one to reach out to me early on Father's Day morning to wish me a Happy Father's Day. It was Surreal to wake up early, grab a cup of coffee, sit on the back porch and BAM, it hit me. She was not going to call. I sat in silence for about 2 hours, tears in my eyes thinking about my daughter and the fact that I will not receive a call from her any more.

Hope each of you had a Great Day. Happy Belated Fathers Day

My brother lost his daughter when she was 22 and I always feel guilty when it comes to Fathers Day. I can somewhat understand your pain. I’m so sorry for your loss. It makes my heart ache for you sir. May God Bless you and your family.

Comment

God bless you sir.

Comment

Sorry to hear this and God Bless.

TBH has a special Father's day thread for parents that have lost a child and can come together...

Comment

Continued prayers Glenn. I know you loved/love her dearly. Happy Father’s Day!

Comment

Sorry for your loss and the rough Father's Day morning. Although she may not be able to pick up thebphone and call you she is still with you. Sounds like you had a special relationshipsir!!

Comment

Very sorry to read this.

I have two daughters and I put myself in your shoes while reading. I couldn't imagine your pain, but what I did imagine hurt a lot.

Prayers sent for you and your family.

J

Comment

Continued prayers Glenn. One day at a time my friend. The "First" of everything really really suck!!

Comment

My sincere condolences to all of you who have lost a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Sorry to hear this and God Bless.

TBH has a special Father's day thread for parents that have lost a child and can come together...

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=534933&page=4
                    Thanks for the reminder Smart.
                    The GreenScreen has been a Very Comforting Place for me and all the well wishes, condolences, and members reaching out has really helped give me the strength to continue every day.
                    God Bless All of You

Comment

Not the proper order for things, but prayers for comfort and peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                        Wasn't up to getting on the Green Screen yesterday, guess I was in my head too much.
                        Wanted to take a second and say a couple of things:
                        1st -
                        Happy Father's Day to all the Green Screen Dads out there.
                        Hope each of you had a great and relaxing day.

2nd -
                        This was my First Father's Day without my Oldest Daughter. She was always the one to reach out to me early on Father's Day morning to wish me a Happy Father's Day. It was Surreal to wake up early, grab a cup of coffee, sit on the back porch and BAM, it hit me. She was not going to call. I sat in silence for about 2 hours, tears in my eyes thinking about my daughter and the fact that I will not receive a call from her any more.

Hope each of you had a Great Day. Happy Belated Fathers Day
                        Same for me only this is my second year. It does not get any easier. I will pray for your loss. So sorry.

Comment

That's tough to read, so sorry for your loss. Time will ease the pain; the scar will remain forever. I have two kids, oldest is my daughter. I would be lost without either of them. Think about the good times and how much she meant to you. God bless.

Comment

more prayers, hugs, and support sent for ALL the fathers, and mothers who have lost a child

Comment

God Bless & Prayers up for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X