Choosing one all around fishing line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing one all around fishing line?

We fish some but not near enough. We are headed to Arkansas next month where we could potentially catch trout up to 15lb strippers. I want to replace the line on all our reels with something that might work well. Any recommendations?

If your trout fishing, you’ll want something around 6# test.

Comment

I'd personally try for one a lot bigger. 15 pounds is an awful small stripper. Not much to look at

But for fishing line that good and don't break the bank trilene. Big game or XL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tilene big game! 12 lb test with a 20 lb fluro leader for stripers and you can put a 6lb leader on for trout

Comment

To be honest I won’t be trying specifically targeting strippers but by watching videos of bill shoals lake it’s a possibility. When on the lake I’m hoping for a few of those 3-5lb white bass.
          And in the river I’m just hoping the wife and kids can catch some trout.
          Had not thought about the leader ideas. I’ve been practicing my fly casting so it should have triggered something in my brain.
          I would love to catch a big stripper though

Comment

Trilene Big Game is on just about every reel we own.

Comment

Consensus is trilene, appreciate the input fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Trilene Big Game is on just about every reel we own.
                20Lb big game is on all my near shore snapper rigs

Comment

Trilene big game will hold big strippers,little strippers and snappers

Comment

I don't like big strippers. I hear the best line is, "hey baby, there are more hundreds where that one came from.

".

Comment

So many mono guys. 20# braid will cover you for all situations, and adjust leader according to targeted species.

Comment

I have Trilene Big Game on every single reel i own. I tried all the other hoopla out there and ran back to big game.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          So many mono guys. 20# braid will cover you for all situations, and adjust leader according to targeted species.
                          I use this on our spinning reels, with a fluro leader. But only because I can't, for the life of me EVER spool mono on a spinning reel without it wanting to "jump off".

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            To be honest I won’t be trying specifically targeting strippers……
                            I’d hope not if you’re intent is to fish and there are kids around. Now, if it’s adults only, that sounds like one heck of a bachelor party!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              I’d hope not if you’re intent is to fish and there are kids around. Now, if it’s adults only, that sounds like one heck of a bachelor party!
                              Oh crap

Comment

Working...
                              X