Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change is hard

It doesn't seem to matter what it is.
    Going from regular soda mixed with whiskey to using zero sugar sodas. New brand/style of underwear because they changed your long chosen type. Or shooting your bow in a different manner or anchor point or . . .
    Once something is ingrained it's an uncomfortable thing to just abandon and change. Even if we know what we are doing will be beneficial the process can be challenging. Sometimes physically and psychologically. Spend money and time to gain a better shooting method and it can include a bow, string, arrows, points and hundreds and hundreds of shots.
    Tough when you know your old method has served you well even if only in a limited range.
    Oh I've been making those excuses to myself for quite awhile too. But I'm smart enough to know if I don't commit and do the work I'll be stuck where I am. Knowing I can "fix" it has had me unsatisfied for over a year so here I go.
    Let the fun begin.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

So you're finally quitting Rage heads?

Comment

I actually don't think that addiction will ever die but I don't use them much as I have other heads that have an adequate cutting width and cost less.
      Now on those rare occasions the compound goes for a ride those arrows are tipped with the gashers.

Comment

Gary as you and I have discussed, we learn ways to shoot and practice religiously at the 10-15 yd range because that is our trad hunting set ups and shots farther than that on animals your percentage of good ethical kill shots goes way down. I have the mindset now that if I can get an animal into 10-15 yds and the animal is calm and presents me a good shot it is dead. When you go to a 3D shoot and see guys shooting unreal scores with elevation change, and targets out 25-40 yds. Those guys are out of my league. That being said I bet you would not find any of them that would shoot at a quatering WT at 29 yds. I have the utmost respect for the guys that can put it in the ten ring at 30 yds on a consistent basis, that’s not me. I will continue to try to shoot good at my hunting distances, and go to 3D shoots and take my butt kickings, it’s still fun. The guys that shoot good at those distances are better than me and I will continue to tip my hat to them.

Comment

Suck it up, buttercup!!!!!

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Have fun Gary!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I feel your pain Gary. I got a pair of eye glasses yesterday and trying to shoot with em on is not very fun at all either.

Going from a Primal Tech to a Sage is pretty interesting in its self as well. Lol

Comment

i went from crown and seven to a lot of crown and diet 7up and it's not to bad at all.
              so i say, just play with the whiskey soda ratio and you will find your happy place.
              and good luck with the rest of that stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                It doesn't seem to matter what it is.
                New brand/style of underwear because they changed your long chosen type.
                Once something is ingrained it's an uncomfortable thing to just abandon and change. Sometimes physically and psychologically.
                Oh I've been making those excuses to myself for quite awhile too. But I'm smart enough to know if I don't commit and do the work I'll be stuck where I am. Knowing I can "fix" it has had me unsatisfied for over a year so here I go.
                Let the fun begin.

So Gary, if I read you correctly, you are switching from boxers to “banana hammocks”?
                [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
                Sort, I couldn’t resist.
                I’ll go stand in the corner. [emoji849]

Comment

Jason it's not just about hunting or even 3D scores. I have runs where I'm deadly as anyone up close. I also have runs where I shoot over the backs of four out of five pigs I shoot at. It's about a choice I'm making as an archer to put another tool in my belt and hopefully when I'm on hunts I'm paying for I'm not taking that long ride or flight home discusted and discouraged wondering if having a real aiming system would have prevented a miss or worse, a wounded animal.
                  Hopefully after a 3D shoot I feel like I've shot respectable scores instead of *** did I even take a bow.
                  I know I have the ability to improve.
                  No, I'll never be a Danelo (sp) or Rusty but maybe I can be my best

Comment

Can't believe I'm reading about DRTs underware choices. Dude, wear em backwards. That way they all feel the same. ��*��

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
                      So Gary, if I read you correctly, you are switching from boxers to “banana hammocks”?
                      [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
                      Sort, I couldn’t resist.
                      I’ll go stand in the corner. [emoji849]
                      Gotta do something. Not good at going commando.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        Can't believe I'm reading about DRTs underware choices. Dude, wear em backwards. That way they all feel the same. ��*��
                        It's in the waist band.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Jason it's not just about hunting or even 3D scores. I have runs where I'm deadly as anyone up close. I also have runs where I shoot over the backs of four out of five pigs I shoot at. It's about a choice I'm making as an archer to put another tool in my belt and hopefully when I'm on hunts I'm paying for I'm not taking that long ride or flight home discusted and discouraged wondering if having a real aiming system would have prevented a miss or worse, a wounded animal.
                          Hopefully after a 3D shoot I feel like I've shot respectable scores instead of *** did I even take a bow.
                          I know I have the ability to improve.
                          No, I'll never be a Danelo (sp) or Rusty but maybe I can be my best

Good luck sir! You have my number, feel free to message me if you just need to vent or bounce ideas off me.

Comment

Hey Gary can’t fault a guy for wanting to be the best he can be, good luck with your bow , and your future underwear choices.��

Comment

You lost me at mixing whiskey with soda. Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X