Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just awesome. God is great. Continued thoughts and prayers. You got this.

Comment

Way to go David and Mindy! GOD IS GREAT!

Comment

More prayers for maintaining strength and continued peace in your hearts.

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

All caught up. So glad to see the improvements, David! Continued prayers for you guys.

Comment

Cont. Prayers sir. Keep up the fight and so glad for your improvements.

Rwc

Comment

Good afternoon, praying friends and family!

I’ll try to keep this short as I can but it’s not easy. And I could really use your specific prayers right now!

First, some background information. Last year, before I was diagnosed with cancer, I was hospitalized for four days with a very dangerous perforated bowel. They put me on antibiotics and bowel rest. They eventually sent me home awaiting a scheduled surgery, resection of the lower left quadrant of my large intestine due to diverticulosis. Unfortunately, before I could have the surgery, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and the surgery was cancelled.

A side effect of the Avastin infusion therapy I’m taking is it makes you a free bleeder. My oncologist elected to skip an Avastin treatment due to some mild digestive bleeding. I’m supposed to resume the Avastin on Monday. But yesterday I started having pain in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen consistent with diverticulitis. I’m doing intermittent fasting with a mostly liquid diet. Trying to let the diverticulitis heal in time to take the Avastin.

It’s a catch 22. Avastin is believed to slow the cancer growth. But internal bleeding while taking the Avastin could be dangerous or even fatal.

Specifically, please pray that my gut heals, and I am able to take the Avastin safely.

Other than the gut issue, I am doing well. Glory to God! I appreciate all of you!
                Attached Files

Comment

Always in our prayers here, David and will add this specific need.

Comment

Prayers Continuing.

Comment

Prayers brother!!! You have a lot of people praying for you.

Comment

Prayers for David.

Comment

Prayers for your gut, David! His plan is just and good!

Comment

Up...

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers sent. And keep posting those beautiful pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X