Yesterday was not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Randy sorry to hear about the bad luck! Hope it opens up something you can sink your teeth into. What size unit do you need? My mom's house is going to be bulldozed next month but her existing unit is a 3 ton with propane. Not sure if it could work for you.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the offer, but no propane here. What sucks the most is the air handler is Lennox specific. Not compatible with other brands. Got to get the whole system.

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
    Retirement is a good thing Randy!!!
    Hope you have some cold air soon!!
    I'm not ready yet, but may be a forced retirement.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    That’s a true statement !!!

I’m sorry to hear of this closing,Randy, but on the bright side, they gave some warning notice…better than getting a 2 week notice with no advance warning.

What reasons did they give for the closing? Is this division not profitable; corporate trying to squeeze out more profit by cutting costs? Any severance pay and package after 46 years?

Are you amenable to a move if an opening shows up in another town?
    They gave us such a long winded messed up speech that I'm not sure why we're shutting down. They basically just told us it was a business decision. From what I hear, they're offering 10 weeks severance. Supposed to talk with HR next week, so I'll see how it goes. If I can make the rest of the year I go on medicare in January so insurance won't be a problem. Right now I'm waiting to here from my financial advisor about getting the money for the A/C. Got to pull it from my IRA. Our life has had many downs but we've always made it through. Good to have a good woman to lean on, because this is pushing my limits.

Comment

Ho is doing your AC work?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        Ho is doing your AC work?
        Walker Air/Plumbing/Electric. The company Elliscountyhog used to own.

Comment

Hang in there Randy, prayers for you

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
            Hang in there Randy, prayers for you
            Thanks. we'll make it.

Comment

This is tough! Luckily we have good neighbors. Spent a few hours over there yesterday and we even got a free dinner.
              Last edited by Goldeneagle; 06-26-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Lennox. It's 92 in the house right now. Got a portable a/c unit on the way.

My AC went out Tuesday night. I borrowed a portable unit for my bedroom that sits on wheels in the floor with a hose vented outside, and a 110V window unit in my living room. The bedroom is around 74 degrees in the heat of the day and about 68 by daybreak. The living room is in the mid-80's during the day and about 80 at daybreak. I am actually surprised the window unit is doing such a good job. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for service.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  My AC went out Tuesday night. I borrowed a portable unit for my bedroom that sits on wheels in the floor with a hose vented outside, and a 110V window unit in my living room. The bedroom is around 74 degrees in the heat of the day and about 68 by daybreak. The living room is in the mid-80's during the day and about 80 at daybreak. I am actually surprised the window unit is doing such a good job. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for service.
                  I'm going to stop by and get another portable unit on the way home. That will let me have one in three rooms. My son and his family live with us, so we need all the cool places we can get. The a/c is getting replaced Friday. We just need to survive the week.

Comment

They've brought in crisis counselors for the snowflakes that can't handle losing their job. Gonna get a little tough, but life will go on.

Comment

They've brought in crisis counselors for the snowflakes that can't handle losing their job. Gonna get a little tough, but life will go on.
                      At least you have your son to help carry some of the weight with the bills if you have to transition to another job sooner than later

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to stop by and get another portable unit on the way home. That will let me have one in three rooms. My son and his family live with us, so we need all the cool places we can get. The a/c is getting replaced Friday. We just need to survive the week.

What are you going with for your new house unit? Are you just replacing the outside unit or do you have to do the coils inside as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          At least you have your son to help carry some of the weight with the bills if you have to transition to another job sooner than later

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                          He's out of work right now, but looking hard to get back to work.
                          Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          What are you going with for your new house unit? Are you just replacing the outside unit or do you have to do the coils inside as well?
                          Whole system. This Lennox air handler and furnace are not compatible with other brands. American Standard is what they are going to install. Right now I wouldn't care if it is an old swamp box if it will cool the house down.

Comment

Looks like one more week. Won't have the money until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

He's out of work right now, but looking hard to get back to work.

Whole system.... American Standard is what they are going to install. Right now I wouldn't care if it is an old swamp box if it will cool the house down.

Read a lot of good things about them. Hopefully it lasts you longer that that Lennox...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X