No announcement yet.

Drivers license rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not read all of these posts, so I apologize if my question has been answered.

Are all of these requirements for a birth certificate only for renewing AFTER the license has expired, or do they require it for ANY renewal even if not yet expired?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I have not read all of these posts, so I apologize if my question has been answered.

Are all of these requirements for a birth certificate only for renewing AFTER the license has expired, or do they require it for ANY renewal even if not yet expired?

Before expiration for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Before expiration for me...
        Wow! I have always been able to renew it by mail or online ( I can't remember which ). I am hoping my current license carries me on out so I don't have to dig out my birth certificate.

Comment

Wow! I have always been able to renew it by mail or online ( I can't remember which ). I am hoping my current license carries me on out so I don't have to dig out my birth certificate.

Same here until this last one. It had probably been 12 years since my last pic renewal.... not a gray hair in the mix. You check on the webpage when they send you a notice and it'll tell you whether you can renew online or not.

Comment

Randy I was told 3 years ago when I had to go in person to renew mine, that when you get your new one with the “ Gold Star” you would be able to renew online again when it expires. Hope this is true and the rules don’t change.

Comment

Same here until this last one. It had probably been 12 years since my last pic renewal.... not a gray hair in the mix. You check on the webpage when they send you a notice and it'll tell you whether you can renew online or not.
              Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Randy I was told 3 years ago when I had to go in person to renew mine, that when you get your new one with the “ Gold Star” you would be able to renew online again when it expires. Hope this is true and the rules don’t change.
              I just checked, and it has a gold star and expires in 2026...so it should carry me on out. You derelicts and suspicious dudes will probably have to renew personally for the rest of your lives!

Comment

You derelicts and suspicious dudes will probably have to renew personally for the rest of your lives!

I have 8 years on this one....I'll be in GOF territory then. Hopefully by that time I become an upstanding citizen...

Gumbo man is probably a lost cause..

Comment

Originally posted by C.W.Ashby View Post
                  I guarantee they consider me a citizen when it comes to taxes! No questions asked!
                  Earlier you said they could not identify who you were... I bet they could if you pulled out a gun and shot into the ceiling. See how fast they use your DL then.

And I bet the media wouldn't wait to see your BC to blast your name on TV LOL

Comment

I have a CDL so I always have to renew in person. Oh well.

In you’re case you better hope you don’t have to tote your birth certificate down there with you, them stone tablets are heavy.

Comment

Started in February taking my mother (as she’s turning 91) to renew her DL. Well she didn’t pass the eye exam. So they said we can get her an ID card. To get an ID card they act like Oh, that’s a totally different card and we’ll need all those same documents. So two more trips later and a few months, she finally got an ID card. Didn’t make any sense to me to prove all over again what had already been proven for a DL. Very very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

In you’re case you better hope you don’t have to tote your birth certificate down there with you, them stone tablets are heavy.

Hahahahaha...daaaaang!

Comment

I have 8 years on this one....I'll be in GOF territory then. Hopefully by that time I become an upstanding citizen...

Gumbo man is probably a lost cause..
                          I resemble that last comment and highly recommend that you get off of my lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

Rules have changed. I just renewed my CDL online.

Comment

Required unless they already have it on file from you taking it with you before.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                                Rules have changed. I just renewed my CDL online.
                                That’s great to know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X