Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Dixon Turkey Vest

If you know you know...

I missed one on a recent auction site and figured I'd dig on TBH soli and see what I uncover.

If you have one, let me know. Would love to hear your story. If you want to part with one, Please let me know.

God bless.

*soil

Comment

Bob was a good friend of mine as he would come down and hunt turkeys with me every spring. Don't have a vest but do have lots of memories.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        Bob was a good friend of mine as he would come down and hunt turkeys with me every spring. Don't have a vest but do have lots of memories.
        Adios,
        Gary
        Hey Gary, That's awesome to hear. I never met Bob but hear stories all the time and am friends with his son Wil. He was GOLD!

Great to meet you and would love to hear some of those stories

Comment

Bob was one of the nicest people on earth! I was in the outdoor business for a long time and fortunate to deal with him professionally and get to know him on a personal level as well. The world lost a good one there...

Comment

One of my favorite Bob Dixon stories was back in about '93 or '94 when Mossy Oak was starting to take off. They didn't have a big hunting budget so Bob would come stay with me in Menard and we would hunt turkeys. One day we were hunting a ranch in the SW part of the county and had killed a bird pretty early as the turkeys moved west and away from us. That afternoon, we decided to set up west of the roost and intercept the birds as they made their way back east. We blind called and nothing, crow called and nothing and wore out a boat paddle "squaky" box call with zero response. I carried a brass coyote howler and could normally make a tom shock gobble a mile away. But this evening, they even ignored my howler.
            About 15 minutes before sundown, a guard donkey brayed in the ranch to the north and every gobbler within two miles sounded off. I looked at Bob and whispered, "I wonder what the Hooten's will take for that donkey?"
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Working...
            X