Corn prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
    ^^^ Is this a normal planting window for you?
    It’s late but not TOO late.

It’s just been way too wet to get in the fields on most places.

Comment

10-4

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
        I know it won’t happen, but would be interesting to see what would happen if folks actually quit buying “deer corn”
        Nothing. Hunters are not moving the needle on corn prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
          A big cattle feedlot in Amarillo probably feeds more corn in one day than all of the hunters of Texas in a year. Hunters control the bagged prices. All feedlots get by train or truck.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            A big cattle feedlot in Amarillo probably feeds more corn in one day than all of the hunters of Texas in a year. Hunters control the bagged prices. All feedlots get by train or truck.
            And all the feed lots don’t put a dent in what is shipped to the ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
              Overall corn, no.

Being this is a hunting site though I would think the overall topic
              Of corn price would be a little more focused on actual cleaned and bagged “deer corn”. Coming from an actual grain buyer and seller, there’s supposedly a hefty markup on bagged cleaned corn.

Comment

Russia makes fertilizer? My corn went straight into Mex to a dog food facility last yr

Comment

$11 bucks a bag at King Feed’s near Canyon Lake

Comment

Still $9.25 a bag for me! Checked with my guy today

Bucee's Luling was $9.88 on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I might by 4-6 bags a year. Hand corn only and only when I’m in the stand. Since I started this I have not noticed any difference in number of targets.
                      Going on 12 or more years now
                      I do the exact same thing. I've gotten to where I just fill up a gallon Ziploc bag and hit the road. We don't have a ton of deer where we're at, so it's enough to keep them interested without being too big of an attraction for the pigs.

Comment

was $9.98 a bag at luling buccees yesterday

Comment

FJB that incompetent POS.

$14.00/50 lb. bag at TSC yesterday in Benbrook.

Comment

Boerne HEB has Mummes corn @ $10.98 now

Comment

$9.47 at Sutherlands in Fredericksburg on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                                Overall corn, no.

Being this is a hunting site though I would think the overall topic
                                Of corn price would be a little more focused on actual cleaned and bagged “deer corn”. Coming from an actual grain buyer and seller, there’s supposedly a hefty markup on bagged cleaned corn.
                                Nope. I used to get corn straight out of the bin or the truck if one was behind the house loaded. Never “cleaned” the corn, never had a problem with feeders clogging. All the corn went to the feed mill, ranchers and hunters bought the same corn, both charged the same price per hundred. Feed mill paid $X amount per hundred, sold it for $Y amount for profit plus storage plus bagging, safe on bagging if buying bulk. Before mad cow or maybe bangs, don’t remember which one you could bring in old sacks and reuse them to save. There is corn, and corn, deer like like both types. There is no such thing as deer corn, just bags that say deer corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X