No announcement yet.

Whelp, my turn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for everyone. That's all I've got.

Comment

And you are proud????? Look what you are doing to those kids. Divorce is never something to be proud of. Work on it man. Show them you are a fighter

Comment

Continued prayers for the chef family.

Comment

To be together this long is nothing to throw away so easily. It sounds like it must have been bad for sometime. Everything worth holding on to is worth fighting for. If she is crawfishing to me that says she is not completely sold on the possibility of separation or divorce. Some marriages can’t be saved but most can with 2 willing participants. God put y’all together for a reason and she has given you what no other woman will ever be able to give you. That’s your 2 children. Couples that fall out of love can just as easily fall back in love once the smoke has cleared and hardened hearts have been softened. And this advice is not coming from someone that hasn’t been in your shoes. My wife and I have been married for 45 years. Hasn’t always been the way we wanted it. But we made it what it is today because at the end of the day we both fought hard to get past the stumbling blocks that will come with EVERY marriage. Look at the overall picture before doing anything permanent. Sometimes a separation can be the right answer untill you know for sure which path to really take. Good luck to you sir.

Comment

OP I pray that you will put forth the effort to save this marriage for your families sake and your own, I didn't read any dealbreakers to me in your post or nothing that can't be worked through with God's help. It is incredibly encouraging to see the respect this TBH community has for marriage and the family. Don't see that too much anymore and reinforces how special of a place this can be.

Comment

When my mom sat me down and told me they were getting divorced.. I was like wth did you wait so long?... me and my brother turned out successful and happy fyi.

Im going to play devils advocate here, and theres likely a whoole lot more to the story.
              Good luck brother. Its alot easier to walk away but if yall arent happy Id rather be happy and split than running a fake relationship like alot of ppl and parents do. Just my opinion on many couples I know.

Comment

Whelp, my turn....

OP…. You’ve been married since 1992. Reading your post I’m going to assume that you’ve done all you could do to save the marriage like all the Dr. Phils in this post have already suggested you do now. I’m also going to assume the month you speak of has just been the final straw that broke the camels back and the decision to file, not just a month of bad marriage. Sounds like it’s been a pretty toxic relationship if I’m reading into it correctly. If you have and are comfortable with your effort in saving it, I can understand you finally breaking free from the misery and looking forward to a better life. The one thing I have learned from TBH is don’t listen to anybody that’s not walking in your shoes. They can shoot from the hip and Dr. Phil you to death, but until they’ve suffered the daily beat down and walked in your shoes, it’s nothing but an opinion. Life is too short to be flippin’ miserable. If you’ve put in the effort and it’s not working, it’s time to move on. Good luck

Comment

Unsolicited advice: Sure, it'll be "fun" for a bit. Until you run into a crazy ***** or a clinger. It's a very shallow existence. My advice would be to work on yourself and make sure your kids are taken care of the way they deserve to be. My life post divorce would make a hell of a comedy, drama, anti alcohol psa. I'm lucky I came out of it alive. We needed to divorce and at no point was I ever "giddy" going thru it. It was a mf'er. So I wish you luck and keep what's important in focus. Smart's advice isn't wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    OP…. You’ve been married since 1992. Reading your post I’m going to assume that you’ve done all you could do to save the marriage like all the Dr. Phils in this post have already suggested you do now. I’m also going to assume the month you speak of has just been the final straw that broke the camels back and the decision to file, not just a month of bad marriage. Sounds like it’s been a pretty toxic relationship if I’m reading into it correctly. If you have and are comfortable with your effort in saving it, I can understand you finally breaking free from the misery and looking forward to a better life. The one thing I have learned from TBH is don’t listen to anybody that’s not walking in your shoes. They can shoot from the hip and Dr. Phil you to death, but until they’ve suffered the daily beat down and walked in your shoes, it’s nothing but an opinion. Life is too short to be flippin’ miserable. If you’ve put in the effort and it’s not working, it’s time to move on. Good luck
                    Best advice yet. No one knows his situation and hard to give good advice when you have no idea of what's going on. Only solid advice I can give is take care of those kiddos they are what's most important.

Comment

To piggy back off Dr. Bbq-coontrap.....I know a gal who's husband had been cheating on her for almost 10 years with about 8 different women. She has pictures, video and hotel records. She won't file

She still spent the afternoon with him and thier grandkids the other day.

Most of the people she works with have NO idea what's been going on. You may never know

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        “It’s been a hard month”??????? Is that all you’re marriage is worth to you? Sometimes marriage is HARD. Some things are worth fighting for.

If you have school-aged kids, you don’t have a “Bachelor Pad”. Not sure *** a vasectomy has to do with a divorce and not sure how a man has the capacity to air so much drama on a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                          Well I would do dang near anything not to get a divorce and separate the family. If she is crawfishing like crazy maybe there is something there for y’all to work on. If anything else just for your kids.
                          Absolutely this^^^ plus It would sure suck to be middle aged and single these days... Plum scary actually. I know guys who are and the stories they tell about dating crazy women... Uh NO.. It doesn't sound pleasant. They finally find one to fall in love with only to find out she is married!!! :0
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 03-25-2022, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Absolutely this^^^ plus It would sure suck to be middle aged and single these days... Plum scary actually. I know guys who are and the stories they tell about dating crazy women... Uh NO.. It doesn't sound pleasant.

It’s like they opened up a new crazy woman factory and tripled production. [emoji23]
                            I kid. Kind of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lots of good advice in this thread. Prayers you can filter threw it and do what is the best for you and your family

Proverbs 11:14
                              Where there is no counsel, the people fall;
                              But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I've walked in his shoes. I think a lot of us have. Heck, I still slip those shoes on from time to time. I've been thru divorce and hard times and I've had a multitude of counselors. I'm thankful I did and that someone took the time to help me. I don't know if the OP is a religious man, heck this might not even be meant for him; but it helped me so I'll pass it along.

The Bible tell you to LOVE your wife.

If yall split up and you moved down the street so you'd be close to your kids, then yall would be considered neighbors.

The Bible tell you to LOVE your neighbor.

If you divorce and it turns off bitter then you might become enemies.

The Bible tell you to LOVE your enemy.

Either way you go, you are still commanded to love her.

Loving her as your wife and showing your children what Godly marriage looks like is worth it.

Comment

Prayers Sent!!

Comment

Working...
                                X