No announcement yet.

Raises and bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm self-employed and just went up about 12.5% on 1 Jan. First rate increase in just over two years and was definitely needed.

Comment

My bonus was a tin of candied pecans!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        I sure like me some of those, but fond of cabbage too....

Candied Cabbage, now there's a thought

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
          Ours is based on yearly salary.
          I guess I’m not as good a boss as I thought. There is a lot that goes into that formula though. Our guys get company vehicles and commissions if they are in sales. If we give a raise it’s at least 5%. I sometimes feel like 3% is almost an insult after Uncle Sugar gets his hands on it. We pay 100% of the insurance cost for employees and they can add the fam for the difference. We are a pretty small company. Our bonuses are performance based. If you get a $500.00 Christmas bonus you are probably on my radar. We try to make them at least 3-5 k
          Last edited by dosrobles; 02-04-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
            I guess I’m not as good a boss as I thought. There is a lot that goes into that formula though. Our guys get company vehicles and commissions if they are in sales. If we give a raise it’s at least 5%. I sometimes feel like 3% is almost an insult after Uncle Sugar gets his hands on it. We pay 100% of the insurance cost for employees and they can add the fam for the difference. We are a pretty small company. Our bonuses are performance based. If you get a $500.00 Christmas bonus you are probably on my radar. We try to make them at least 3-5 k
            What you offer sounds pretty dang good to me. I dont think bonuses in general are the norm.

Comment

When y’all talk about 25-50-80% bonus is that of yearly or of monthly salary? I feel like we are pretty good to our people but if y’all get a bonus that is double digit % of your annual salary I am going to have to quit patting myself on the back.
              Mine is 20% of my yearly salary. Then depending on scorecard we get 80% or 90% or 100% of that 20%.

Comment

Man, I haven't had a raise or a bonus in fifteen years or so. My boss sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
                  Mine is 20% of my yearly salary. Then depending on scorecard we get 80% or 90% or 100% of that 20%.
                  At 100% that would be significantly more than 10k for my guys. I have done 4 times that in extreme situations and I have done as little as 5% of that for good people that just had a bad year

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Jelly of the Month was sold out!

Comment

I would say you're pretty good. Better than what I got.

Comment

I like bonuses and raises!

Comment

After reading thru all the post it seems the smaller/midsize companies are better with raises and bonuses. Of course, they have to be earned...

I left one of the largest food mfg companies in the world for that reason. 5 years of double digit growth and 1 1.5% raise. Bonuses were worse... how many times can the companies move the goalposts and no one ever knew how to score for the bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            Man, I haven't had a raise or a bonus in fifteen years or so. My boss sucks.
                            Are you self employed? Your boss is holding on to the profits.

Comment

I work for the worlds largest mining company. I'm part of their Offshore Petroleum division.
                              Raises normally 3-5 % though sometimes higher.

Bonus is 15%-20% annual pay. Has been for last 10 years.

Comment

I’m very blessed as we just got word we get 130% of our 25% yearly bonus, plus a Qrtly retention bonus!

Comment

Working...
                                X