Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving gun in car would have been safer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That read like a joke with no punchline...

Comment

Not that difficult besides don’t set anything down you dont want someone else to pickup. You have to realize the different cultural differences as well. He may have just been in awe of the rifle and was unknown that it was yours at the time. But nonetheless, wanted to show how cool it was and seen them in movies. Hindsight is always 20-20, and can replay and rethink it as much as you want. Bottom line, you learned something going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Yep.

Glad the OP didn't have a pistol. I can't imagine drawing on a guy who picked up an unknown gun (to him) that the OP knows is locked and unloaded

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

And, If’n I read it correctly, the barrel was detached from receiver.

SMDH.

Comment

I would have said hey that’s my rifle as soon as he touched it. I see absolutely no reason to draw your gun ( if you had one) in the situation you described. You nor any body else’s life was in danger. Unless of course you left your gun loaded, but then that would have been on you also. And not a reason to draw a weapon. Weather he was going to steal it or not, is no reason to draw your weapon either.

Comment

You should have confronted him as soon as he touched it and told him it’s yours.

Comment

Sounds to me like he thought it was the store's gun and picked it up because he thought it was cool and wanted to show it to his wife and brother.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man... To be honest I started out reading this whole post but ended up skipping through most of it. But to summarize your saying the other guy is at fault for picking up a gun off the counter at a gun store?

Comment

Definitely don’t think he was trying to steal your gun.

Comment

Good morning folks and happy Thanksgiving!

I appreciate everyone's comments. I can see I certainly I have way over analyzed this after it happened. Seeing yalls perspective, I need to chill out.

I am sorry this did not read well. I just haven't had a situation like this happen before and tried to express all the events as the occurred in great detail.

Lastly, I understand as a LTC holder I have tremendous responsibility and it would be an insanely poor decision to even consider anything. I am going to review ways to train for situations like this so that I am better prepared to think through things rationally in small amounts of time.

Finally, I am going to not work on puckering up. As AC said - I froze. Not good. Bad look on my end.

Thank you all for the different perspectives.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                      I dont understand why you didnt intervene as soon as he touched your rifle. Why stand there watching and not speak up sooner?
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

You sure put a lot of work into that.
                        As others have noted, I would have stopped him immediately when he touched my rifle. It’s quite possible the man was just a rude individual and meant no harm.
                        There was no immediate threat to you or anyone else so drawing your weapon, if you’d have had it on you, would have been totally inappropriate and quite possibly have gotten you in trouble or even hurt.

Comment

Now that that's over, let's discuss your takedown "folding". I have one, it comes apart. Is there a kit or something to make it fold? Serious question. Btw I love mine.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            I cant imagine being there and thinking he was doing anything different than exactly what he said he was doing. I kept reading waiting for him to load the gun, or work the action, or point it at someone, or anything other than look through the glass. Seems like he went to a gun store to look at scopes, picked up a rifle off the counter and looked through the scope, when asked to put it down, he apologized as he did so. Am I missing part of the story?

Same here. Gun on the counter of a gun store. He was looking for a gun, probably liked yours.

Comment

sounds like he just wanted to look at the scope, did not see where he did anything aggressive...but i did skim when reading it

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                                Now that that's over, let's discuss your takedown "folding". I have one, it comes apart. Is there a kit or something to make it fold? Serious question. Btw I love mine.

To me I describe it as folded. It comes apart and the barrel attaches to the stock.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X