1st Axis with a Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Axis with a Bow

Well, I finally got an Axis with a bow. Only took me about 8 years. 8 yrs ago, I was hunting in Comfort, I would see 20-30 Axis a day but never got the in bow range. I passed many Trophy Axis Bucks and does with a rifle thinking I would easily get one with a bow.

Well, I got my chance this morning. I shot her at 7:10 am. She was slightly quartering away, so I aim back a little, aiming at my exit. Right before I released, she sort of shift making for a broadside shot but a little back. I saw my nocturnal zip through her. She took off and ran about 30yrds and then slowly walk away. She stop for a second and walked out of sight. After about 30 minutes I got down and snuck over to my arrow. I just had a few spot of blood with a lot of green. I knew I must have gut shot her. I got back into stand and set until 930 before sneaking out & making my way back to camp. Talked it over with lease mate, and we decided to give her until 12:30‐1. We snuck in and went to where I saw her dissappear. I found blood, while I was blood trailing, John was glassing. I found several good areas of blood and then we jumped her. John watched run away. We backed back out and decided to give her a few more hours. We got back to last spot at 3, with no blood trail found the way she ran. We started glassing and found her about 30 yds from we loss sight of her. So at 8hr from my shot, I had her down. Her body wasn't even stiff yet, so she must have died between 2-3. After looking, I clipped the liver and guts. The rage typan had opened her up good, but she had about 8 inches of internals hanging out. Anyway, long day, but she is in the cooler now
    Attached Files

Nice bow kill. Congrats on the Axis.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Way to go Carey! Always keep it more forward in axis. There goodies are farther forward than in a whitetail.

After living in Sonora for almost 4.5yrs, I finally got and axis doe off of my place with my longbow a couple weeks ago.

Congrats!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats bud. Great freezer filler.

Comment

That’ll eat! Congrats on some fine groceries!

Comment

Congrats Carey. It's a feat. They are still eluding me with a bow.

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Well done sir. Congrats

Comment

Congrats Carey! Good eating right there.

Comment

Congrats sir!

Comment

Axis with a bow is quite the accomplishment! Them suckers are always on edge seems like.

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X