Feedback/CC Appreciated: Portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback/CC Appreciated: Portraits

First, I'm new to portraits and don't know what the hell I'm doing. it's not a subject I especially enjoy and realize I've got a lot to learn. But, I recently purchased a 50mm 1.2 for the specific purpose of photographing my kids. On Halloween I pulled out the kit and snapped a few pics of the kids in the front yard before they took off to amass a small fortune in candy.

My own criticism have to do with the background - the transition behind the head is distracting but I knew this before snapping the picture, I would have had to get much higher above them to avoid it which I didn't want to shoot at that angle.

Feedback/CC on colors, edit, skin tone, etc. are all appreciated.

Halloween 2021: Red M&M by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Halloween 2021: Blue M&M by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Halloween 2021: Thing 2 by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Halloween 2021: Orange M&M by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Halloween 2021: Yellow M&M by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Halloween 2021: Green M&M by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

great job! You certainly have your hands full there. Is this also with the Canon R5

Comment

Originally posted by jdma View Post
      great job! You certainly have your hands full there. Is this also with the Canon R5

Thanks! 3,4 and 6 are mine. Yes - R5 and rf 50mm 1.2

About a 20% crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m definitely not an expert and I am very new to photography. I’ve been shooting more at F4 rather than 1.8 to get more in focus. It’s distracting to me when a face is in focus but an ear or a hand are not. I think your background is fine for my eyes.

Comment

I think they’re pretty good overall. Only thing I’d probably say is on the first picture I would have like the elbow in the picture. Colors look good, did you use an off camera flash? What type of color correction did you use?

Comment

I always read/heard that portraits should be at f11 and then adjust other settings accordingly.

Comment

Working...
            X