Ernie's first buck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernie's first buck...

My son Ernesto "Ernie" has tagged along for almost 10 years now. Being part of the crew with myself and his 2 older brothers and now playing the role model to his younger siblings. Ernie is always first to put others first giving up opportunities to let others have a shot and he is always the positive "guide" giving his advice and walking his siblings through things in the field. Last year he took his first deer being a doe after he had waited for his sister Kyndel to get hers first. And again this year Ernie sat back seat for his little brother Augie to have kids weekend. Time is what runs us short due to the fact the boys live with their mother so our time is very limited and when we hunt ... we hunt hard. Well this weekend was all about Ernie. And boy did it pay off! We sat the cold front (29* degrees) Saturday morning thinking for sure the deer would be moving. With very little action from a couple does and a little spike yearling we left the blind for lunch. About 2pm and now 65* degrees we snuck our way back into the blind set atop a little ridge overlooking a 100yd round opening and to boot now the wind had switched from a nice crosswind to being directly in our face. The sun slowly starts to set and after only seeing 2 does in the distance the kids start to doubt the odds... as I was explaining to them that the last hour is the most magical when everything turns gray... that's when they appear and.... "DON'T MOOOVE." There from behind us with the wind in his face stood a tall tined buck just 40 yds from the blind frozen checking the area for does... as he put his head down and continued on past us I knew he was got! I had Ernie ease himself into place for a comfortable shot as the buck turned broadside 70yds straight out in front of us Ernie sent the .243 roundClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-090932_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	25266947

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-093216_Gallery.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	25266948

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-093223_Gallery.jpg
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	25266949

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-093155_Gallery.jpg
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	25266950

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-093414_Gallery.jpg
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	25266951 right to the mailbox. The buck jumped and did his mule kick and ran stumbling into the timber where he fell just 30 yds inside the trees.... HOLY CRAP is all I could repeat as we walked in and found the buck, and Ernies smile lit up the dark woods as he sat there in shock with a heck of a first deer!

Great write up and awesome LDPs. Congrats to Ernie.

Comment

Thats awesome stuff, Waydago young man

Comment

Great buck, congrats

Comment

Goood stuff right there man! Congrats to Ernie on a heckuva buck!

Comment

Heck of a buck.

Comment

Great job Ernie! Nice Buck!!

Comment

That's awesome !!! Congrats to all of yall !!!

Comment

So awesome!

Comment

Congrats to Ernie & the Whole Crew!! Well Done!!

Comment

Very nice congrats to your son

Comment

Good for Ernesto !

Comment

Congrats to Ernie. Awesome job dad. Those kids have had a great start in life.

Comment

Congrats to y’all.

Comment

Congrats! Ernie on a great buck.Great job dad!

Comment

Working...
                              X