X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    What issues were you having?
    failure to feed.

just racking you were ok from time to time. But the rounds would always get get picked up about 1/3 of the way between the primer and the neck. But it would never reload after you shot.

This is an AR10 BTW. I was told they take more but I was not sure sure. Its true keep it slick and it runs like a champ.

Comment

I use good old fashion high temp bearing grease. A little bit goes a loooooong way. I have not even put a dent in what is in the can that I have had for 10+ years. I use it on all the moving parts on all of my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        wet clutch ?
        Whatever they have for cheap at Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
          I will say. Wetter is better for sure here.

I have jacked with this gun off and on for a year. I have polished the inside, removed every bur etc.

I bought the amazon's
          Gun Oil, Firearms & Weapons Oil, Lubricant, Protectant. Extreme Force Weapon’s Lube
          Brand: Advanced Weapons Technology Extreme Force

same day delivery and who could go wrong with 4k+ positive amazon reviews...

this gun feeds like a champ now. no issues at all.

wetter is better
          Wetter also means more crap sticking to the parts in a dusty or dirty environment, creating excess wear overall imo.
          If it has to be that wet to run, gun has issues.
          I run mine pretty much dry except for a few wear points, and never had a issue.
          Blue marine grease, and wipe it off so just light film remains.
          Spikes, Aeros, JPs, they all like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            I use good old fashion high temp bearing grease. A little bit goes a loooooong way. I have not even put a dent in what is in the can that I have had for 10+ years. I use it on all the moving parts on all of my guns.
            This was my go to as well for the AR for decades & still is for locking lugs on bolts...when I got the M16 & suppressed it & started running really hard I wasn't happy when cleaning as it was like wiping down bubble gum. Did some searching on gun forums where there was a full auto sub section / what lube to use & the consensus was Amsoil gun lubricant. I'm not saying M1 syn motor oil or others mentioned aren't as good as I've never compared, but I do like the clean up way better vs my former Mobile 1 hi temp bearing grease I swore on.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Amsoil gun lubricant...
              Same.

Comment

if you look at a bcg upclose , there are 2 channels at the bottom of the sides of it, and the gas key channel. those are the only 2 places where the bcg actually touches the receiver. (unless gun is upside down... those are it)

the last place in play is the buffer , which has to ride along the wall of the buffer tube.
                i've seen buffer tubes and even bcg bodies that were machined in such a way that they feel like they have micro grooves ... i chunk those! all my bcg's get the flitz treatment on the rails... polished to a shine till they feel like glass . once polished , the inside of the receiver needs looked at as well ... it needs to be smooth ... a new cheap ar 's almost feels like you're dragging a piece of metal over 1000 grit sand paper ... take the bolt out of the bcg , the bcg should glide like glass inside the receiver ... once done with that a couple of drops on the contact point itself is all you need ...

good test for you wet guys ... soak your bcg ... put a fingerprint on the side of the body of the bcg .. put it in the gun. ... cycle it.. 10 times or however many you feel you need , pull it back out .. if your finger print is still there ... the oil on that surface does nothing except collect residues ...

now if you're in extreme desert environments ... just get you an ak and move on ...

Comment

Engine oil is designed for tighter tolerances than any gun that is made. Rust protection. Anti cavitation. Detergent suspension. You name it.

Comment

I prefer CLP but will use the Lucas oil system as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X