No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man our area has not exactly been hoppin during bow season. Maybe you guys are holding out on LDPs.

Our place starts heating up during the rut around Thanksgiving. Then it is really the best in late December when all the pasture grasses are dead on the big neighbors and they travel long range to our wheat and oats. I hope it is no different this year.

Here's wishing everyone the best of luck on opening weekend and safe travels to your destinations!

Comment

Here’s a huge bodied deer that’s a regular. He’s probably the largest whitetail I’ve ever seen. He’s a tank.

Comment

Just from camera evidence the bachelor groups seem to have broken up

Comment

Movements have been on the incline. Plenty of 3.5 and younger bucks. They pushing doe off the feeders and seen some scrapes. The next few days hopefully get some more mature deer moving.

Watching a 3 year old chase a doe off as I type this.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got on the board last night!

Shot a big doe, looked good but virtually no blood trail. Of course I didn’t bring the dog last night………. Looked with my uncle for 1.5 - 2 hours before my wife came with the dog. Molly found her laid up under some trees in about 5 minutes. Hit her square in the lung but didn’t get a pass thru and she was fat all leading to little blood. Ended up weighing 110lb dressed which is the new record for heaviest doe shot at my uncles ranch. Now I get to break in my new processing equipment!

I have a video of the kill shot but don’t know how to attach it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't get to go this weekend. From all reports there was movement with a bunch of young bucks and lots and lots of doe. Typical for us on the opener.

Comment

We are headed to Throckmorton County Thursday through Monday. Do yall expect the rut to be kicking pretty good by then?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  We are headed to Throckmorton County Thursday through Monday. Do yall expect the rut to be kicking pretty good by then?
                  I'll be northeast of ya 1.5 hours those same days.
                  The guys that were out this weekend said they saw "some" bumping around. Might still be early, atleast for or place.
                  Good luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I'll be northeast of ya 1.5 hours those same days.
                    The guys that were out this weekend said they saw "some" bumping around. Might still be early, atleast for or place.
                    Good luck to ya
                    Pretty much the same at our place between Throckmorton and Seymour. I saw several young bucks still together but acting a little aggressive toward each other. They were pestering the does a little but not much. Couldn't tell you what the mature ones were doing.

Comment

Same for us we were there all week. 1-3 y/o bumping doe off the corn feeders. Spikes and forkeys fighting like crazy and a couple 3 year Olds that think they are boss hawg at the feeders. Of course after I leave a couple mature ones show up but that's why they are mature. (See picture) Deer were moving like crazy the early part of the week then it slowed towards the weekend.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	6a4700df-dafe-4aa7-9fc3-82f769e180b4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	24666932Click image for larger version

Name:	20211103_115557.jpg
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	24666933Click image for larger version

Name:	20211101_110624.jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	24666934Click image for larger version

Name:	20211030_203509.jpg
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	24666935Click image for larger version

Name:	20211101_170436.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	24666936Click image for larger version

Name:	20211102_161111.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	24666937Click image for larger version

Name:	20211103_103957.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	24666938

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't get out, but our guys all had the same reports. Deer moving, but nothing to get geeked about.

Comment

Nothing but young stuff so far at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            I didn't get out, but our guys all had the same reports. Deer moving, but nothing to get geeked about.
                            Hopefully this weekend will be better. We only get 8 hunts up there this season on Thursday evening through Monday morning with no game cams or scouting reports. I was hoping the bigger deer would be chasing by this weekend but it doesn't sound like too much rut activity yet up that way. I'm an East Texas boy so that part of the world is different for me.

Comment

No sir - but you never know if you get an early
                              Hot doe

Comment

Hopefully this weekend will be better. We only get 8 hunts up there this season on Thursday evening through Monday morning with no game cams or scouting reports. I was hoping the bigger deer would be chasing by this weekend but it doesn't sound like too much rut activity yet up that way. I'm an East Texas boy so that part of the world is different for me.
                                Best of luck. My experience is that you've got to get on them early, get lucky during in the rut; Or - wait until late in the season, hunt the wheat, and watch for the big boys. The only thing is, the later in the season you go, the more beat up the bucks get. It's a challenge for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X