Hills of Texas Taxidermy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hills of Texas Taxidermy

I’d like to give a big shout out to David at Hills of Texas Taxidermy in Llano.

I shot a nice 8 Sunday morning that I wanted to have him mount for me. My favorite hunting buddy (my 7 year old son) couldn’t make this trip because he had like 3 birthday parties this weekend to attend. He was ate up and wanted to do both.

Llano is on the way home from our place in Val Verde county. I pulled up about 1:45PM on Sunday. David has been doing processing as well as taxidermy for a couple of years now and they were covered up on the processing side. As I arrived, a truck that just had hooves sticking out everywhere had about 10 deer in it off a MLD property.

David came out and we decided on a form and pose and did the appropriate paperwork. I asked him if he’d skull cap my deer so that I could take the horns to Cooper. He said how covered up he was, and how many deer they’d taken in, that it might be a day or two before he got to it, and about mid sentence he goes, you know what, I’ll just knock it out right now.

He didn’t have to and I’m by no means some priority customer that brings him a ton of work, but as a hunter and a father I think he knew how special it would be for my son. Besides his quality work, that right there will keep animals I need work on coming his way.

Thanks a ton again David! Cooper was fired up when I got home! I look forward to seeing my Auodad mount here in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a solid dude and does really good work. I used to enjoy going in and just b.s.ing with him when I used to hunt out that way. Very knowledgeable bow hunter as well.

Comment

Heck of a deer that little man seems to appreciate. Props to David. Would love to send him some work "if only he were closer."

Comment

You’re very welcome amigo.

Comment

David and his family are good people

Comment

I have been taking horns to David the last 4-5 years. He did a couple of Catalina Rams for my son and I back in March/April. Does a fantastic job!!!! His shop is great. It is always a pleasure speaking with David. His Family runs a great operation. I have a buck there now that he is doing a shoulder mount on. I highly recommend him for Taxidermy needs if you hunt in that area. Need to pick up my deer meat there as well.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Both of you guys brought in some nice deer. It’s been a good year for the bucks.

Comment

I would think that that last picture makes it worthwhile for him!
                  And yeah, he has been busy with the processing. Built a couple new buildings for it.

Comment

There are people that will go the extra mile for you. Congrats on a great deer.

Comment

I went to HS with him. Always been stand up guy. Good rear. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

David’s a solid guy

Comment

Couldn’t do it without you guys. Thanks for the kind words. We really try to help everyone out when we can.

Comment

Working...
                          X