Dodged a hefty fine last night!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    This is what I usually tell them. Most of the time its the truth and most of the time they let me off with a warning.
    This right here. Been doing it 28 years now and it is so darn refreshing when folks just respond with truth. Never was a big ticket writer and always felt a warning served folks much better. A dollar is hard earned so I always tried to stay out of their pocket.

It has served me well in my community because I have no doubt if any of my locals drove by and saw me on the bad end of a fight they would probably fly out of their car to help before it ever came to a stop.

Had to also take some said locals to jail and it was never a fuss and they usually apologized for putting me in that position in the first place. People are just good hard working folks and I love my job to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
      If you have a heavy foot get a radar detector, sure a good one cost $500 but it has saved my butt many times.
      And/or download the Waze app.

Comment

I always go in and add extra police [emoji23][emoji23] I also track Waze when it slows down and move. Usually just before it shows up. I write for speed but usually it’s a deserved one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          "I got no good excuse sir, just have my head up my ***"

That right there has gotten me out of three tickets that I deserved. I am very appreciative of the officers for not writing me a ticket.
          This is the right answer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pulled over at the beginning of the year. I was speeding 10 over. But thats not why he pulled over. He asked if my blinkers worked because i was cutting in and out of traffic without signaling. I told him i didn't know if they worked because I never use them. He laughed actually checked them and sent me on my way with a warning.

Comment

I love it when the Officer asks “Do you know how fast you were going?”
              I like to respond with “is this a trick question or do you really not know?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                When I was a rookie years and years ago I jumped at the chance at issuing speeding tickets. But, as I got older and wiser I learned that “stroking a note” didn’t feel the same. The excitement, the thrill wasn’t there anymore. I realized that EVERYONE of us makes mistakes. I also realized that conducting the traffic stop was in of itself the “punishment” if you will. A simple “hey slow the heck down before someone gets hurt” had a more profound impact on folks than a ticket in my mind. After several years of walking the beat I refused to issue speeding ticket cuz after all I did it too and never realized I was doing it. Don’t be a hypocrite!

I made a bad right turn a while back and had committed so I kept going car behind me slammed on brakes and it was completely my fault. 3 seconds later I was lit up and pulled over. Police officer was not happy and proceeded to question me. I admitted my fault and he found nothing else wrong. He lectures me a little bit on safety and what could have happened. He told me to slow down and no written warning. It hit home and I have kind of chilled out for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Many years ago a hot rod cut me off on the highway and we both took the same exit. At the stop sign (next intersection) he stormed thru the sign and cut off an older man and nearly ran into him. I accelerated to catch up with this idiot and when I reached 96 I saw the lights in my rear view. My first thought was I’m going to jail for 96 in a 55. The officer asked men why I was driving 96 and I told him of the incident. He said he saw the action at the stop sign and asked me if he issued a warning would I slow down and allow the police to handle erratic drivers. I was one fortunate dude.

Comment

Haven't gotten pulled over many times but one time comes to mind. Was pulled over for doin 61 in a 55. Drivin a new 86 Monte Carlo SS, Comin home from an evening out with the wife. Got behind a county. Speedo showed We were doin 50 in a 55 so I pulled out to pass. Wife started bitchin about passin a cop. When the officer approached the car, she was still mouthin off. Officer couldn't get a word in edgewise. I told the wife to shut the he77 up and the officer started chucklin. He wrote me a warning for 6 mph over the speed limit. I found out that night my speedo was off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Wife and I were returning from visiting and old friend and former boos last night when I was stopped by a deputy sheriff for speeding.

I was not paying attention and had not set my cruise yet when I saw the sheriff pass by me going the opposite direction. When I looked at my speed I knew I was done! He turned around, put his lights on and I pulled over. Thankfully he only gave me a warning for going 83 in a 60 zone!!!

He also told me that if you are clocked 20 mph over the posted speed that this can be considered Reckless Driving!

This would not have been a cheap fine for sure!!!!!!
                      Must have been in that construction zone between Temple and Rogers. Always watching for those rascals when I take my girls to school in Rogers.

Comment

Got a warning outside of Mason for doing 70 in a 70. After the officer went back to his vehicle, my buddy started to get out of the car to ask why he pulled us over but I stopped him quick. I didn't care why he pulled us over, a warning is a warning.

I got warned at Park Rd. 4 at Buchanan Dam for speeding. When he seen my commercial license, he asked why I had the license and, having that license, I should know better than be speeding. I said "Uh, excuse me, it's a Toyota. You know, Toyota power". He started laughing and laughed so hard that snot came out his nose. He gave me my license back and said real loud, "SLOW DOWN". I guess he didn't like my little Tacoma.

Comment

I have been written warnings more than I deserve but most of the times I have been pulled over I thought I was going the speed limit but the speed limit was lower than I thought. Main one that comes to mind was headed north out of Sanderson toward I-10. It was the end of the day and I was easing along doing 60 watching for deer. I met a sheriff deputy in a pickup who turned around and followed me. I didn't think much about it since I was only doing 60 and figured he was checking me out since I wasn't a local and was driving a SUV near the border. He followed me for at least 6 or 7 miles before he hit his lights right after a buck crossed the road in front of me. He came up and asked "Do you know why I stopped you?" to which I answered " I don't have a clue". He said "you were doing 60 in a 55" to which I responded "You have to be kidding me, the interstate is 80 mph, I figured it was 70 mph since there is nothing out here, I never would have thought it was 55". He said " we keep it at 55 because of people hitting deer". I said "you mean like the 8 point that crossed the road back there?" which he responded "that was an 8 point?". He told me if my info was clear he would cut me loose with a warning. That is a long lonely road to be 55 mph but I am glad he didn't write me a ticket.

Comment

Ok, I've got my share ot tickets and warnings too. Most scared ever was driving home from college. Bought a six-pack for the 90 mile drive and took backroads all the way home. Stopped at a roadblock 30 miles from home. They were filming a frigging movie scene. Highway patrolman comes up and leans on my window talking through the whole scene. I had a cigar lit and let the smoke fly the whole time. I was sure I was headed to the county jail. Movie scene car chase finished and he sent me on my way. Happened long enough ago I'm sure the statute of limitations have passed

Comment

Dodged a hefty fine last night!!!!!!!

I was going to Aspermont to hunt quail back in my younger days. I was sicker than hell and didn’t want to go, but it was a guide deal and they needed me and my dogs. I got stopped in Jacksboro and got a ticket for 39 in a 35, admittedly it was probably because I was not as cordial as normal….and neither was she. She watched me wad up the ticket and throw it in the floorboard ( a very bad look, I know).

My dad was ahead of me by an hour or so, and called to tell me that there was construction west of Newcastle, it was 55mph, and they MEANT IT. When I got to that construction I kept her on 52 or so because I knew that meant I was doing 55 with my tires. Sure as hell I got stopped by a HiPo who said I was doing 62. I argued and raised hell and told him I was NOT speeding, because he’d pulled my dad over an hour ago and he told me he was there, so I made sure I was at 52. He asked why 52, and I told him about the tires, and I insisted that I positively knew I was going 55. He looked at my license and saw my name (same as my dad’s with a Jr on the end) said “I sure did stop him” and he reluctantly gave me a warning.

I headed home on Sunday after hunting for 2 days with bronchitis, (eventually pneumonia) and set my cruise on 68 on that long stretch west of Throckmorton. I’d been cruising for a while and looked down and my speedometer read 48. I’m in OD turning about 2000rpm, so I knew I was still doin 73 or so. I stopped at the light in town, then proceeded up to 74 or so and set the cruise, then watched the speedo slowly drop down to the 40s.

That trooper on Friday had been right all along, but he gave me that warning anyway. I guess I owe him one. I had to put a new speedometer in that truck the next week.

I completely forgot the ticket I had gotten in Jacksboro until about three years later when they called my dad and told him he had a warrant out. He was not happy when he sorted it out and called to tell me I had a warrant I needed to take care of, and to make **** sure they knew I wasn’t him.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-03-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I was going to Aspermont to hunt quail back in my younger days. I was sicker than hell and didn’t want to go, but it was a guide deal and they needed me and my dogs. I got stopped in Jacksboro and got a ticket for 39 in a 35, admittedly it was probably because I was not as cordial as normal….and neither was she. She watched me wad up the ticket and throw it in the floorboard ( a very bad look, I know).

My dad was ahead of me by an hour or so, and called to tell me that there was construction west of Newcastle, it was 55mph, and they MEANT IT. When I got to that construction I kept her on 52 or so because I knew that meant I was doing 55 with my tires. Sure as hell I got stopped by a HiPo who said I was doing 62. I argued and raised hell and told him I was NOT speeding, because he’d pulled my dad over an hour ago and he told me he was there, so I made sure I was at 52. He asked why 52, and I told him about the tires, and I insisted that I positively knew I was going 55. He looked at my license and saw my name (same as my dad’s with a Jr on the end) said “I sure did stop him” and he reluctantly gave me a warning.

I headed home on Sunday after hunting for 2 days with bronchitis, (eventually pneumonia) and set my cruise on 68 on that long stretch west of Throckmorton. I’d been cruising for a while and looked down and my speedometer read 48. I’m in OD turning about 2000rpm, so I knew I was still doin 73 or so. I stopped at the light in town, then proceeded up to 74 or so and set the cruise, then watched the speedo slowly drop down to the 40s.

That trooper on Friday had been right all along, but he gave me that warning anyway. I guess I owe him one. I had to put a new speedometer in that truck the next week.

I completely forgot the ticket I had gotten in Jacksboro until about three years later when they called my dad and told him he had a warrant out. He was not happy when he sorted it out and called to tell me I had a warrant I needed to take care of, and to make **** sure they knew I wasn’t him.

I got stopped in Jacksboro one time, doing 66 in a 55, right past the Allsups and Green Frog as the highway turns left and headed uphill….he gave me a warning. Not sure why, but pretty sure he saw that my jeans were unbuttoned and my GF was in the truck with me that trip. Killed one of my bigger bucks ever that next morning lol. It was a good weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X