No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose it looks good but not sure it is worth that. You can buy five Blackstones for that!

Comment

I’m not paying that kind of money If i don’t own a restaurant to use it in.

Comment

Some thin cut chops and Brussels on the griddle and added some air fryer potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer season is almost here. Need some new ideas for cooking at camp

Comment

Smash burgers with bacon going down shortly! Hard to mess them up on the flat iron!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Smash burgers with bacon going down shortly! Hard to mess them up on the flat iron!

Comment

Can you cook chicken wings on a griddle? I normally grill mine, but was wondering if you could do them on a griddle

Comment

Wangs works gooood!!! I do 'em just like a grill only put the metal cover over the griddle to help the cook faster... cuts cook time in half. Sauce doesn't burn either and much more juicy on the griddle...

Comment

I leave mine in the garage. It is seasoned but everytime i cook, every 2-4 weeks it has surfce rust on it.

What is my best solution?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I leave mine in the garage. It is seasoned but everytime i cook, every 2-4 weeks it has surfce rust on it.

What is my best solution?
                      Are you applying a layer of oil after the cook, when the grill is clean, for protection?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        Are you applying a layer of oil after the cook, when the grill is clean, for protection?
                        No I am not. I was under the assumption you only need to season it once.

Do I need to oil it directly after each cooking?

Comment

A light coating of oil after cooking will help to eliminate the rust issue.

Comment

It does get more seasoned as you cook but you still need to oil it after your done cooking. I usually scrape everything off after I’m done cooking and wipe it down with a dry napkin or towel. Then apply a thin layer of oil all over the surface with a folded up napkin and let it heat for a few minutes then turn it off. This is all I do and haven’t had any issues with rust, and I keep mine on my back patio outside.

Comment

Yes... the oil will keep it from rusting after you've wiped it down from the cook!

Comment

Yep, a blue shop paper towel and some vegetable oil will apply a Nice light coat.

Apply it while the grill is still warm too. It goes on much easier if you wait a few minutes after it's turned off vs a cold griddle.

Comment

Working...
                                X