X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P938

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
      Dose it have the ct site? I might be interested if it dose.

PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The new Smith Shield EZs are quite good. They are easier to rack the slide. That's what my sister ended up doing as she didn't have the grip strength for most others. My son's nurse likes the Springfield 911 so much that she sold her other pistol to get the Springfield. My wife prefers the point and shoot of a revolver as she doesn't want to practice a lot so simpler is better.

As others have said, let her try a bunch until she finds something she likes. Most gun ranges these days rent just about all of the popular carry variants.

Comment

S&W 640 357 mag. I don't like the airweights. I load up 38 +p for it.

Comment

My wife carries the Sig P238 as well but have to agree with others, she needs to go shoot several and see what she likes and is comfortable with. She may prefer a revolver.

Comment

Big fan of the G42, bought one for my wife now it’s all I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go rent some and see what likes the best. My wife carries the sig 365. I liked it so much I bought myself one for everyday carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                  Go rent some and see what likes the best. My wife carries the sig 365. I liked it so much I bought myself one for everyday carry.
                  There are lots of options out there but the Sig P365 is the best gun in the micro firearm category right now IMO. That being said, I agree that she needs to go to a firing range that has an assortment of carry pistols and ACTUALLY both FONDLE and SHOOT them. Shooters....especially women, need to carry something that fits them ergonomically that they are comfortable and confident in. Some women are intimidated by the semis and can’t rack a slide. A wheel gun may be more suitable for them if that’s the case.

Comment

I would also say lcr 9mm. My wife had several semi-autos and shoots them well but she had a lot of trouble pulling the slide. The revolver is simpler and easier for her to use.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      You should take her to a shooting range that allows you to rent pistols and let her try them out.
                      That is the plan. You guys have given some good options to have her try when we go.

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                      The new Smith Shield EZs are quite good. They are easier to rack the slide.
                      This is good to know. although, having to rack a slide may be an issue in a danger situation. This may lead me to getting her a wheel gun more than anything. Not sure about her having to mess with the slide in a bad situation. Much better for her just to pull the trigger again.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        G43, G43X, or G48.
                        This.

Comment

Bersa 380 is a perfect size for a lady. Very accurate and concealable. Not too much recoil and not too expensive. They are knock off of the Walther PPK but very well made and reliable. https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...stol/p/1456256 This one has the crimson trace laser.
                          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 06-15-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X