Snake bite or ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% botfly.

Squeeze it and grab the head with tweezers and gently work it out.

Flush with alcohol, ke e.g. p clean etc. Just watch for infection

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

Comment

Botfly or larvae of something similar....we always called it a wolf though, or wolf worm.
      When it's a nice, round hole, bored into the animal, it's a pretty easy diagnosis. Used to get em in our rabbits as well.

Comment

Originally posted by roadgoeson20 View Post
        100% botfly.

Squeeze it and grab the head with tweezers and gently work it out.

Flush with alcohol, ke e.g. p clean etc. Just watch for infection

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

It is not 100% a bot fly. Y'all need to stop with this "hands down" "100%" BS. You don't know, you're not there looking at it.

My dog had a very similar looking wound on her foot. Antibiotics and wound cleaning for a little while and she was back to normal. No larva present.

Comment

take it to the vet

Comment

My lab had one of these after a dove hunt. I kept draining and cleaning it and it got better. Obliviously I monitored her eating/drinking habits but there wasn’t a need for a vet visit. If you’re in doubt though just take it to the vet!

Comment

Spray it down with some of that yellow stuff we put on the cows or swab some axle grease on it.

Comment

Looks like a bacterial skin infection. Is it painful to the dog to touch? Obviously your dog has been licking it.

Does the skin feel thicker in that area?

Comment

I have heard of these things called veterinarians. You take your animal there and they tell you what's wrong with it and give you medicine if required. You should try to find one of those... .

Comment

I feel like if it was my dog i would just keep my eye on it at this point. To me it appears to be on healing side. Not the inflamed red infection. But if it got any worse or does not start to look better take to vet.

IMO vet like to do 1000 bucks worth of tests and then send you home with a bandaid.

Comment

Might be a puncture wound.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        I feel like if it was my dog i would just keep my eye on it at this point. To me it appears to be on healing side. Not the inflamed red infection. But if it got any worse or does not start to look better take to vet.

IMO vet like to do 1000 bucks worth of tests and then send you home with a bandaid.
                        That's a pretty ****ty opinion. I'm a vet and I tailor diagnostics and treatment to my client and their budget. We do it for the pets, not the money bud.

Comment

Oh, and take it to your vet!

Comment

The ol Bot fly larvae. On a cows back we used a coke bottle. Put the neck of the bottle over the hole and slap the end of the bottle with opposite hand real hard and it will pop right up into the bottle. Purple dope or black smear over the hole. Squeeze chute required!

Comment

I’d be making a trip to the vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Atdeal View Post
                                That's a pretty ****ty opinion. I'm a vet and I tailor diagnostics and treatment to my client and their budget. We do it for the pets, not the money bud.
                                Maybe you're one of the good ones. The vets around here do it for the money. I live in the city, though. People treat their dogs better than their kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X