No announcement yet.

Bear Creek 7.62x39 upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some magazines and my sight in the mail yesterday. I went with a primary arms 3x micro.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
      I have one that shoots Barnaul at 1.25” groups at 100 yds. I routinely shoot it at 500 yards to practice. It’ll hit 4 out of 5 on a 10 inch steel plate at 500 every time. Most times it’s 5 out of 5. If you want a x39 steel ammo to do better than that you’re dreaming. I couldn’t be more pleased with my BCA.
      dreaming indeed!

Comment

I plan on buying some here in a bit

Comment

BUT I have always wondered how they would hold up in a SHTF situation. Now that they make cold hammer forged barrels, that should remedy that issue. I wonder how their CHF barrels shoot? Anyone heard anything on their CHF barrels?

Comment

I ordered me 2 Bear Creek uppers yesterday. One in 7.62x39 and the other in .450 Bushmaster. I got the stainless steel twisted barrel on the 7.62x39. Both side charging.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I ordered me 2 Bear Creek uppers yesterday. One in 7.62x39 and the other in .450 Bushmaster. I got the stainless steel twisted barrel on the 7.62x39. Both side charging.
              That is what I got.
              My .450 is a Bushmaster upper. Love that round

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                That is what I got.
                My .450 is a Bushmaster upper. Love that round
                I just gotta buy me a scope, a scope mount and some ammo for the .450 Bushmaster. I'll use a scope off my .223 upper on the 7.62x39. Hopefully they'll both shoot good.

If it ain't windy and everything gets here in time I'll sight them in next weekend.

Comment

Hopefully I'll get everything I ordered in this week and get to get it all dialed in next weekend if it ain't too windy. I ended up buying about $1,000 worth of stuff so I knocked a good chunk out of what I need for next huntin season.

I'll post how good of groups my 7.62x39 gets if anyone's interested in hearing about it. I'll tell y'all this right now in case you didn't know. Being into guns makes you spent a lot of money. But I saved some buying it right now though. Over all I probably saved me about $300.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 05-29-2023, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Hopefully I'll get everything I ordered in this week and get to get it all dialed in next weekend if it ain't too windy. I ended up buying about $1,000 worth of stuff so I knocked a good chunk out of what I need for next huntin season.

I'll post how good of groups my 7.62x39 gets if anyone's interested in hearing about it. I'll tell y'all this right now in case you didn't know. Being into guns makes you spent a lot of money. But I saved some buying it right now though. Over all I probably saved me about $300.
                    I bought everything that was on sale or free shipping.
                    Last night I did buy a few box of round nose soft points. They looked like little .30-30 rounds.

Comment

I bought everything that was on sale or free shipping.
                      Last night I did buy a few box of round nose soft points. They looked like little .30-30 rounds.
                      I have some Wolf hollowpoints,Norma FMJ's and Nosler Varmageddon. I'm hoping the cheap stuff shoots good since it's pretty easy to come by. I seen that stuff you're talking about. Probably should have ordered some but I didn't. Figure I'll use what I have and see what I can accomplish.

Comment

I have some Wolf hollowpoints,Norma FMJ's and Nosler Varmageddon. I'm hoping the cheap stuff shoots good since it's pretty easy to come by. I seen that stuff you're talking about. Probably should have ordered some but I didn't. Figure I'll use what I have and see what I can accomplish.
                        Mine shot the Norma FMJs the worst of everything I’ve put through it. I think I’ve shot 6 different steel case, Hornady blacks, and the Norma’s.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                          Mine shot the Norma FMJs the worst of everything I’ve put through it. I think I’ve shot 6 different steel case, Hornady blacks, and the Norma’s.
                          I basically just picked those up to get on target so I can dial in my huntin ammo. Plus they're brass cased so I'll keep those to reload and put good bullets in them. I normally use FMJ's for that purpose so I'm not burning through my good ammo.

Comment

I basically just picked those up to get on target so I can dial in my huntin ammo. Plus they're brass cased so I'll keep those to reload and put good bullets in them. I normally use FMJ's for that purpose so I'm not burning through my good ammo.
                            I bought 4 boxes of Tula even though I have heard mix reviews. That will give me 3 different ammo reviews.

Comment

Reloading dies and 123 grain SST bullets are on their way from Midway

Comment

Reloading dies and 123 grain SST bullets are on their way from Midway

What powder are you using? I’m using Accurate1680.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X