No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!! Very well done!! A+ to that guy!! Buying that guy a beer or two!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a lot of grass, don't recognize the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a lot of broom weeds. In area 1.

Comment

How's the water, are all of the roads and trails covered?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
            How's the water, are all of the roads and trails covered?

The water is high everywhere. Several of the trails and roads are covered, depends on where you go.

Comment

Originally posted by GWMitchell View Post
              Anybody recognize this setup?

Does the game warden not really care about feeders that much? Is that weed gonna thin out come winter?

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                Does the game warden not really care about feeders that much? Is that weed gonna thin out come winter?

If someone sends them a location they will take care of it. It’s a lot of land for a few wardens to patrol.

Unfortunately that weed will probably be as bad but just brown come winter. Only negative to spring rains.

Comment

That’s why I would have used a weedeater after setup.... just my two cents [emoji23][emoji23].... still owe that guy a beer [emoji23]

Comment

Anyone have pics they want to share? From what I’ve seen, all the rain and natural browse sure helped the bone growth!

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post
                      Anyone have pics they want to share? From what I’ve seen, all the rain and natural browse sure helped the bone growth!
                      Well let’s see em’! I only have pictures of deer in Weimar Texas about 6 hours away.

Comment

Area 1 looking real good for opening day [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Area 1 looking real good for opening day [emoji23]

I would be really impressed if you actually carried both of those feeders out there.

Comment

Hey all,

Newish to the area and have been scouting around the area for a place to hunt. Is there anywhere you guys recommend looking in the Buttes or any particular place to avoid?

I've run into a few blinds while looking around and I don't want to be "that guy" and bump any deer away from any of you because I don't know the area. I'd rather be garholed than screw anything up for y'all. Thanks in advance!

ETA: If you'd rather not put something out in the open feel free to PM me
                            Last edited by PatchHank; 09-21-2019, 07:50 PM. Reason: Clicked send before I was finished

Comment

Disregard the end of my last post, apparently I can't reply to PM's just yet as I just joined. I'll respond to them as soon as I'm allowed!

Comment

Well, me and my wife will be making our first trip out there in a couple months. We will be trying to connect on a gobbler for her, and I'll take anything thats in season haha. How's the water level currently? At pool or at conservation, or somewhere in between?

Comment

Working...
                                X