Beware Of Prednisone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Of Prednisone

So in January my wife and I had covid and then pneumonia. I also had some joint swelling. Shortly after, my right eye starts to blur. That escalated quickly and every day it got worse. By June, it was virtually blind. Eye Dr said scar tissue/cataract on it.

Now this happened pretty sudden. The set me up with a surgeon to do a lens replacement and I mentioned how fast this happened. You taken any Prednisone? He asks. Well yeah, right after covid Dr put me on it. "That will do it".

First I ever heard of such but I'm scheduled to have my blind eye fixed Tuesday. Just an fYI on Prednisone. I don't want anymore.

Sounds like your dr needs an *** kicking

Comment

That's not good. Medicines are one of the things I know very little about, prefer not to take any of them, but have a few times when prescribed by a doctor. I usually don't take all that I am supposed to.
      Prednisone, is one I have heard of many times, but have no idea what it's used for.

Comment

It appears to have multiple adverse reactions

Prednisone: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus

It’s important to read all the info when get new meds. Most of us don’t and just toss it. At 63, I found I ask more questions about the drugs, their impact and possible side effects.

Comment

So was it prednisone & your specific reaction or having covid & then taking it with other meds??

It's pretty common & often prescribed but usually for a short duration.

Comment

uhhhmmm, I'm on Prednisone right now for a bulged disc in my back. I get very irritated on it. Grouchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              So was it prednisone & your specific reaction or having covid & then taking it with other meds??

It's pretty common & often prescribed but usually for a short duration.
              While I'm not totally clear on that. The way I understand it is that prednisone can cause rapid cataract development. First I ever heard of that.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                So in January my wife and I had covid and then pneumonia. I also had some joint swelling. Shortly after, my right eye starts to blur. That escalated quickly and every day it got worse. By June, it was virtually blind. Eye Dr said scar tissue/cataract on it.

Now this happened pretty sudden. The set me up with a surgeon to do a lens replacement and I mentioned how fast this happened. You taken any Prednisone? He asks. Well yeah, right after covid Dr put me on it. "That will do it".

First I ever heard of such but I'm scheduled to have my blind eye fixed Tuesday. Just an fYI on Prednisone. I don't want anymore.
                I’ve been taking Hydrocortisone a year now for Addison’s disease I’ve been loosing my vision in my right eye for about a week now.Thanks for sharing I just looked it up I had no idea cataracts could be a side effect of these meds.Unfortunately I can’t quit taking them but dang if it’s not one thing it’s another.I hope your surgery goes well I’m going to doc Monday to see what’s going on with my eye.

Comment

If anyone read all the side effects of drugs no one would take them.

I’m on a blood thinner for life and a chemo regiment - lots of stuff can happen but I weighed the benefits and chose the route.

Crap deal that your wife had that issue. Prednisone is hard stuff on the body.

Comment

Interesting. I am on Prednisone as well for inflammation on my lower back. Been on it off and on since i was about 23 years old, so roughly 10 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My mother spent too many years on prednisone for Lupus. I'm convinced it caused or contributed to her multiple bouts with cancer. Side effects should be a real concern for all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by Txhunter3000; 08-06-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Dang Steve never knew that you were having these issues. Prayers up for a full recovery.

Comment

Hope it goes well bud. I have cataracts also. My world gets darker every year...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              Interesting. I am on Prednisone as well for inflammation on my lower back. Been on it off and on since i was about 23 years old, so roughly 10 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhunter3000 Yes it's hard on the body. When you're older you find out about it. Do your research now.
                              Today 07:21 PM

Comment

Working...
                              X