Prescription Costas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescription Costas?

For you guys that have prescription Costas, about how much do they run? Do they work well? Worth the investment? Been wearing contacts, but contemplating glasses,,but I'd need to convert my sunglasses to prescription as well. Opinions?

I have the Turret model
    They were $700-750 with progressives/loaded
    frames are $220 ish lenses around $450 ish

Comment

I left out, that I already have the costa sunglasses
      I'd just need to get them made into prescription.

Comment

Have worn some for years. Don’t really have anything to complain about. Don’t remember cost it’s been a couple years since I bought last pair. $250ish maybe? Brine I think is the frame

Comment

Not cheap. Got mine from SportRx

Shop the Best Sunglasses, Glasses & Goggles Online and in Prescription | Top-Rated Customer Service | Always Free Shipping | Free Easy Returns | Since '96

Comment

My astigmatism is too bad they don’t offer lenses for me or I would have Some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
              The price is the same. You pay full price regardless. They don’t let you just send the frame and order lenses. Tried that as I had a few pair in a drawer. You may as well order what you want.

I got blue mirror Tuna Killers last year. Single vision 580p and they were $510.
              Last edited by captainsling; 08-04-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I sent my frames in and had the regular lenses replaced with single vision lenses. It’s been a few years but I think it cost me about $600.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post

I just had progressive lenses made for my Oakley frames. It was ~$600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CSB View Post
                    My astigmatism is too bad they don’t offer lenses for me or I would have Some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I’m in the same boat. I have prescription Oakleys currently because they would still make the lenses in my prescription.

Comment

Prescription Costas?

I couldn’t justify Costa prices with prescription changes so I went with Onos on the advice of a couple of TBHers. Been using them for almost 8 years now I believe. On pair 4 now after some prescription changes.

Polarized Fishing Bifocal Sunglasses- Best polarized fishing Sunglasses with bifocal readers? ONOS fishing bifocal reading sunglasses for men and women are the best choices to protect the eyes from the reflection of the sunlight on the water or any solid surface.

1st 2 pair were the Arya but I’ve since gone to the Zoars with bifocals. Around $260 single prescription, under $300 with bifocal. Mirrored lens helps hide it… although I don’t give a flip.[emoji23]. Progressives are like another $50 but I use my sunglasses to shoot birds and clays with and don’t like the progressives while shotgunning or really shooting anything .
                      Last edited by Smart; 08-05-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Like $300 with transition lenses need to check the model I have this was January of this year

Comment

If your eyes are really bad I don’t think they will make anymore. I had a pair and love them. Last time I went they said they would not make past a certain # and I was passed. So I went with Oakley’s instead. Price anywhere 500-750 is where I alway land for sun glasses.

Comment

I spent $700.00 for some 5 years ago. I love them.
                            Definitely worth the investment for me.

I can’t say they are any better than any other brand because these are the only polarized prescription glasses I have tried.

Comment

i went with a pair of Shady Rays. like 150$

Comment

Working...
                              X