Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    I’ve never had a situation happen where I needed to get a replacement license, but is it really that easy to get a re-print?
    It is. My wife did actually lose hers when she first started hunting with me. I think it’s cheap too, like $10 for a replacement or something like that.

Lo and behold the season ends and about three months later she finds her license in a pack that she made up then forgot about the little secret pocket it was stashed away in.
    Her over preparing got the best of her on that one.

Comment

I bet it’s the beginning of a real pain in the butt. They are probably trying to get a more accurate count in harvested animals. I’m 1000% positive that most people I use to process meat don’t turn in tags. They might keep tags just in case but the feds aren’t getting accurate counts by any means. Or the people that tag and process at home.

Obviously this won’t fix itself in the beginning but as it becomes more common to use the app they will get immediate harvest information. They would even be able to determine peak breeding times in real time. Down to the day and hour probably.

I feel they could possibly be adjusting season dates and bag limits and antler restrictions more frequently because of this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        I bet it’s the beginning of a real pain in the butt. They are probably trying to get a more accurate count in harvested animals. I’m 1000% positive that most people I use to process meat don’t turn in tags. They might keep tags just in case but the feds aren’t getting accurate counts by any means. Or the people that tag and process at home.

Obviously this won’t fix itself in the beginning but as it becomes more common to use the app they will get immediate harvest information. They would even be able to determine peak breeding times in real time. Down to the day and hour probably.

I feel they could possibly be adjusting season dates and bag limits and antler restrictions more frequently because of this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. I’m not a fan of any Governmental entity using a Phone App as their primary way are conducting business.

Comment

Oklahoma been doing the check in thing online for a while. They have really made it much easier over the last few years. I don't mind it at all.

Comment

I still ain’t got over that I don’t get an actual archery stamp (or “bow stamp” as we used to call em) to stick on my license! I collected them after every season, and got em in a picture frame. So yeah, I’ll stick with the paper license. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I’m all for it, after using Oklahoma’s for a while now it’s really much more convenient than the paper option. I’d be willing to bet this is a break in period and the paperless route will be the only option available in a year or two.

When Oklahoma’s ahead of Texas on technology that’s pretty **** sad if you ask me not to mention Louisiana and a bunch if other states.

Comment

Don't forget to fill out the log on the back of your phone.

Comment

Git. Off. My. Lawn!

Comment

This reminds me of one year in New Mexico instead of mailing you your license, they gave you the option to print it yourself. I swear I read somewhere they said to keep multiple copies on you in case one got damaged. We all printed 3-4 extra permits and you should have seen the game wardens face when we pulled out all those extra tags! The next year they went to digital or mailed tag only.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      If they go all digital how can I go to Academy and get a re-print after I use all my tag...... I mean lose my wallet.
                      hahahahaha no joke, gonna be a lot harder to fill all the freezers...

Comment

I hunt in Arkansas and they use the electronic version for licenses and tags. It makes it really nice and convenient. If you don't have service you can enter your information in the app and it saves everything. Once you get service it will automatically give you a number that stays on your app. Once you enter the information on your app it will not allow you to delete it unless you call AR game and fish. This allows me to purchase my license every year without having to drive up to AR to purchase. Usually when I go hunt the first time I leave late in the afternoon and get there that night and there is no place to stop that sales license in the middle of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                          Don't forget to fill out the log on the back of your phone.
                          Lol- there are still tons of people that are ignorant to that on the Current license!

Comment

What is a durable paper

What type paper is “ durable “ ?
                            Back in the day pronghorn permits issued by TP&W would dissolve when or if they got wet , been there done that with game warden howling mad

So what’s the best paper to write down the information on ?

“”If data service is not available:
                            The harvest report will be saved by your device in an ‘Unsubmitted’ status.
                            You must then write the following information on a durable material, attach it to the harvest, and ensure it is maintained in legible condition:””

Comment

A nay for me.

In today's world of gov gone wild, there's no way I'm downloading their app onto my phone. Combined with the fact that GWs hold the attitude that they have free pass to do whatever they want, nothing should surprise us these days.

Comment

GPS tracking for sure if they think you have done something wrong. but what a pain. I still have to "tag" the animal. But now I have to find not only a stupid working "ROLLER BALL PEN" but I have to find what they call durable paper to write all this crap on.
                                and make it readable.

NOPE

Comment

Working...
                                X