Soon to be no PB2 in TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be no PB2 in TX

This is my official ish [emoji1787] anouncement.

Wednesday this week 8/3/22 I finally decided it's time to go home.
    I've decided to buy our Family home in NW Iowa and move back up here. I've been up here since 2/28/22 when I cane up to help Dad with his Cancer Battle. The Cancer won the fight but I believe Dad won the war and is in Heaven.
    Quick history lesson on the house. Here's how I heard the story.
    Mom started renting the house in 1970 or 1971after they got divorced the first time. I was born in 1971. Dad moved in in 1972 and they bought thw house. In the late 70's they remodeled the house and put a full basement under it. I remember that and also remember helping hang paneling in all the rooms on the main floor.

It's been a terrific struggle to make this decision. All my friends and networks are in Texas. I'm 51 and am starting over in a way. Dad's been living in town since 1956ish. He knew lots of people. People walk up to me and greet me by name or ask me if I'm Dad's so e from Texas. I have no clue who they are. Dad does but he's not here to ask anymore [emoji26].

I'm working at the local grain Elevator Grandpa worked there for many many years after moving to town and Dad worked there 49 years or more. I'm hoping to make it a centennial working relationship. I know the owners as we grew up together until 1980.

It's been a struggle, and my heart still aches over loss of Dad and now you.

I'm not going to make Archery opener in Texas and probably won't ever again. That's falls in the midle of harvest season. Already been told to expect 12 hour days 14 days/week unti it's over.

Thanks for being a integral part of my life and an inspiration to Bow hunt and a willingness to share your lives with me.
    I'll still be active and troll you all but I will be in Texas in spirit.

Thank you

Time to get after them big Iowa deer with your bow!! Good luck on the move back home!

Comment

Godspeed, Kyle. I try to meet as many TBHers as possible/convenient, and I’m sorry we never met. Don’t be a stranger around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        Time to get after them big Iowa deer with your bow!! Good luck on the move back home!
        No idea where to start with that. Looks like O'Brien county is a 1 Buck 0 doe county..

Comment

Best of luck to you

Comment

Hope everything works out well for you.

Comment

Best of luck sir!! Don't be a stranger!

Comment

It’s your journey! I hope the best for you! It sounds like a very friendly community , just dive right in and enjoy life.
                But iff’n we find out yore growing cone for ethenol we may have to change your handle :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  No idea where to start with that. Looks like O'Brien county is a 1 Buck 0 doe county..
                  But you also have muzzleloader, shotgun, and the new AR-15 season at the end. You’ll have more venison than you know what do with in the end.

Comment

Godspeed

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Comment

My condolences to you Kyle and good luck on your new journey. Hopefully you’ll find some friends that will let you deer hunt, if not there is some good public land in parts of Iowa. My father in law, now deceased, was born and raised in Iowa, then moved to ND after he was grown. Mike Smith, (Arrowsmith on here) lives in Iowa, he can teach you about deer hunting with cats.

Be safe and push some cooler weather and some moisture our way.

Comment

What city ip there?

I have family in O’Brien & Rock counties

Comment

Jeremiah 29:11

Embrace this new chapter in your life.

Comment

Good luck to you up there Kyle. God bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X