Amonia smell in RV fridge...question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amonia smell in RV fridge...question

There is a rv at my lease that was left to me. The guy said not to open the fridge cause it leaked amonia into the camper.

i'd like to get rid of the amonia altogether. Anyone know of a valve I can open to do this? is there a "generic" valve location for this?

Or ... I was thinking bout just opening the camper door and opening the fridge door and go away for a few hours. Ideas ?

thanx,

I'm pretty sure it is toast.

Comment

Yep, the fridges cooling unit is toast. Ask Carey Bardwell on here, he will know how to do it.

Comment

Oh, I figure it is toast. Guess I should have clarified. I don't care about the fridge as a fridge anymore.

Now... it becomes storage great place for little things to be out of the way.

Comment

If you want an ice box in the trailer remove the factory unit including cap off the propane gas line and put in a small office type ice box.
          Last edited by T-roy66; 07-28-2022, 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

hmmm forgot about the propane gas line. will disconnect that for sure.

Comment

I wonder if this is a job for an ozone gen?

Comment

naah, think I will just let it air itself out. after closing the propane valve...wherever that is.

Comment

Ill try to get ahold of Careybirdwell to see what I need to do. Headed out there tomorrow.

Comment

You can air it out until it’s all dissipated. I would just completely remove it and buy a small electric fridge.

Comment

Pull refrigerator and trash it.
                      The ammonia is leaking out of the cooling unit.

Comment

Can you pull the fridge and build in a shelving unit? I bet you could acquire more space using 1xs versus the thicker insulated wall of a fridge.

Comment

Working...
                        X