Outfitter blues…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    He’s already shown his “integrity!” I’d have asked for my deposit back the second he answered the phone.
    X2.....

Comment

PM sent

Comment

What's your budget?

I know of a couple that I could ask about private land tags?

Seems most private land outfitted hunts are 10k and north these days. I did have one booked that covid canceled for $8500 in a pretty good area.

I do know of one that has hunts for 65-8500 in the northern part of the state where his southern hunts are 10-12000.
        Last edited by Slick8; 07-20-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

PM’s replied. Thanks to those of you that have provided recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            What's your budget?

I know of a couple that I could ask about private land tags?

Seems most private land outfitted hunts are 10k and north these days. I did have one booked that covid canceled for $8500 in a pretty good area.

I do know of one that has hunts for 65-8500 in the northern part of the state where his southern hunts are 10-12000.

My dad’s budget was/is in the $6-7k range, which is what was steering this trip. He’s not looking for a 400” bull, just a respectable mature bull that he’s never been able to connect on. I’m not opposed to spending more for a quality hunt and opportunity at a quality bull, but that may have to wait for another time when I go without my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can do rifle in Unit 34 in NM and only have to get out of truck to shoot if you want to wait for a draw.
              Another option may be checking on hunting on the mescalaro reservation, I'm not sure of the price though.

Comment

Take a look at 505 outfitters. They have prices listed from 65-8500 in northern NM. That's going to likely be a 260-300 bull with that "chance" at something bigger but it will also be a target rich environment.

I haven't hunted with them yet but have them for a DIY Muley hunt this fall. In my research they come very well respected on the western forums I researched.

505 Outfitters is permitted to hunt the entire state of New Mexico for elk and have local guides in all units we hunt.  We know every unit and what to expect when it comes to getting you to the...

BTW-they do southern NM hunts where you'll find bigger bulls but that's a bigger entry ticket.

You can also do a management or cull bull both well within your budget at the Inn of the Mountain Gods just south of Ruidoso NM.

You could actually both hunt within budget there and it's senior friendly hunting.

Mescalero Apache Reservation, home to Mescalero Big Game Hunts, offers the best Mescalero elk hunting in New Mexico. See prices for hunts.

Here's a picture of some management bulls from last year. I didn't hunt with them but was out there scouting the area and stayed at the inn.
                Last edited by Slick8; 07-20-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X