Round Rock eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    And it looks like Salt Lick BBQ is right across the street, so that's absolutely an option for dinner one night too.
    If you are thinking “original Salt Lick” you will be very disappointed with that place. I live pretty close and I’ll never eat there again. You’re better off at Rudy’s or Poke’ Joes

Comment

Places close to Kalahari (15 mi or less).
      Salt Traders-Sea food (owned by Jack Allen)
      Moonshine-comfort food
      Chuy’s-Mexican chain(atmosphere) crowded
      Mooyah Burgers
      Moonies Burger House
      Louie Mueller BBQ in Taylor (a little further)
      Urban-downtown RR
      Slap Box Pizza -down town RR
      3 star candy-for the kids-down town RR
      Last edited by dosrobles; 07-12-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Expertly Crafted Texas BarbecueWelcome to Brotherton's Black Iron BarbecueA 2021 Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ Joint Order Online Now Come In And Dine With UsBrotherton's Black Iron Barbecue15608 Springhill Lane #105Pflugerville, Tx 78660 Restaurant HoursTuesday - Sunday 11a - 3p**or until sold out Check Out Our Menu Click To View 

Brotherton’s right next to Round Rock

Comment

Casa Garcia's is only about a 10 min drive and has some solid Mexican food. The chips and salsa there is hard to beat

Comment

Glad to see this thread as we are heading to kalahari Sunday and im told the food isnt very good so we plan to eat outside of the resort each night.

Comment

Are the bats still under the bridge on I-35 in Round Rock ?? It was south of Academy and Allen’s boots.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                Round Rock donuts for breakfast

It's a MUST
                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                  Are the bats still under the bridge on I-35 in Round Rock ?? It was south of Academy and Allen’s boots.
                  Yes they are there. It's at McNeil and 35 area. There's an auto parts store there you can park in.

Comment

Downtown RR has some decent nightlife if you are able to get away.

Long Branchh Salon is fun but they had 3 noise tickets so lost their ability to play amplified music until Oct. Silent disco is interesting if you've never done it. Not for me but I enjoy a cold drink there.

RR Tavern I fun also and usually have good bands playing.

Piano bar looks good but I've never been when it's setup as a piano bar. Sunday night they do salsa/bachata dancing there and that's really good.

Comment

My favorites are slapbox pizza (61 beers on tap, amazing pizza and wings), Palermo Pasta house, Liberty bbq, Pinthouse pizza and then Jack Allens/Salt Traders.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                        Listen to this man.

Requerdos is small family run in downtown RR. I eat there most weekends. The gentlemen special. I also like the migas.

Had completely forgotten Y'alls and Hoody subs. Go to Hoodys often.

Lunas Tacos is also good

Pint house pizza is kids friendly.
                        I need to try out Requerdos. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Jack Allen's has 1/2 price appetizers during happy hour so you can try lots and save money. The chicken nachos are a meal for two and the ravioli sauce is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Gino’s Italian.

This is the kids of a couple that used to own a place in Galveston on the sea wall that we used to frequent A BUNCH in the 80’s.

I stumbled onto them just looking for a good place to eat while in town for business. It did not disappoint.

I worked there in high school delivering pizzas and waiting tables. Good family and fantastic food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
                              I absolutely second Deckhands. Excellent seafood with tons to offer on the menu.

Yes, the “drunken sailor” is my go to every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My pick for Mexican food is La Margarita Restaurant on the south bound IH35 access road next to the new Torchy's.

Good salsa and the Fajitas are grilled on a smoker out back.

Comment

Working...
                                X