Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time? Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
    I'm against it.
    That extra hour of sunlight is going to increase climate change. #GlobalWarming

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
      This is a dream come true. I only wish it went into effect this year.
      exactly, why wait a year and a half? confused:
      Last edited by stickerpatch59; 03-15-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I hate getting home from work in the fall/winter and having no sunlight to do anything. The only disadvantage is it won’t really get light until 8:30 during the dead of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post

Because they’re Fn politicians. Not any sense in the entire pile of them.

I prefer standard time but would support either if it was made permanent.

And I’ll echo the sentiment about eating so late on DST in the fall. I hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            Because A LOT of critical infrastructure software and computers will need to be updated and that takes planning and coordination.

Comment

For it! Bring in on without any pork!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                I'd rather see them split the difference and go 30 minute change permament.
                Just move a few hundred miles one way or the other….

Comment

Put me in the group preferring DST for the full year. Honestly, the fall back time change has become somewhat pointless since they extended DST by a full month back in 2007.

Prior to 2007, DST used to not start until the first weekend of April and it ended on the last Saturday in October. Now it starts on the second weekend of March and ends on the first Saturday in November.

We barely are on Standard Time for even 5 months.

The only negative I see on year around DST is in the dead of winter, it will stay dark until rather late in the morning. Seems one of the reasons for changing the time back to Standard was for schools kids catching the bus in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    Because A LOT of critical infrastructure software and computers will need to be updated and that takes planning and coordination.
                    Here we go with Y2K all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      Do you mean like when Y2K was gonna destroy the world as we know it

Comment

I hope it fails.

Comment

I'm gonna stop all feeders until they get this figured out. I don't want to waste it by feeding to early or too late.... Too darn expensive these days....

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            Put me in the group preferring DST for the full year. Honestly, the fall back time change has become somewhat pointless since they extended DST by a full month back in 2007.

Prior to 2007, DST used to not start until the first weekend of April and it ended on the last Saturday in October. Now it starts on the second weekend of March and ends on the first Saturday in November.

We barely are on Standard Time for even 5 months.

The only negative I see on year around DST is in the dead of winter, it will stay dark until rather late in the morning. Seems one of the reasons for changing the time back to Standard was for schools kids catching the bus in the mornings.

Then you can get the kids off to school and in the tree before sunup… urban bowhunting at its finest [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So what about Arizona and Hawaii? Aren’t they on standard time year round?

Comment

Didn't they start all that crap because one time for everybody didn't work, the way it's been doesn't bother me but leave it to the government to screw it up and **** off everybody, pretty sure if Democrats came up with it it's a bad idea

Comment

Working...
                                X