Need Vet help…Any on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Vet help…Any on here?

My dog has developed skin abscesses about quarter to half dollar size. They formed dang near over night and just burst at will. A Little blood comes out mixed w liquid **** stuff . Our vet wasn’t sure. Thanks for any help.

Where are they located and do you have any pictures. You can PM the pictures if they are too graphic. My wife was a vet tech for 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
      My dog has developed skin abscesses about quarter to half dollar size. They formed dang near over night and just burst at will. A Little blood comes out mixed w liquid **** stuff . Our vet wasn’t sure. Thanks for any help.
      My dog gets something similar, but I figured it was just a thorn or something similar that festered.
      Maybe 5 or 6 times in the last couple yrs.
      How many are you talking?

Comment

Sounds like it might be bot worms. Is there a tiny hole in the center. If there is put a dab of Vaseline on it and see if the worm surfaces for air. Pics would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Sounds like it might be bot worms. Is there a tiny hole in the center. If there is put a dab of Vaseline on it and see if the worm surfaces for air. Pics would help.
          You would think his vet would know what a bot worm is, but in this day and age who knows

Comment

She probably has 10 or so now. There is a small hole.

Comment

Wife said no worms. Will worms come out when they rupture?

Comment

They are located on neck, sides, back, butt. Everywhere but the head, tail and legs

Comment

Worms will come to the surface if they can't breath. That what the Vaseline is for. To shut off the air. Or the will come out ont
                  Their own when they mature.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Worms will come to the surface if they can't breath. That what the Vaseline is for. To shut off the air. Or the will come out ont
                      Their own when they mature.
                      Isn’t it the wrong time of year for them though?

Comment

My cattle used to get them in the winter. Remember. These larva have been growing in the host for up to a year.

Comment

My cattle used to get them in the winter. Remember. These larva have been growing in the host for up to a year.
                          I see, I don’t know much about them other than the old saying they aren’t a problem in months with R in them.

Comment

Working...
                          X