No announcement yet.

Who is best for a ram hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trey has good rams, just know that although the ranch is several hundred acres- the rams are in a 10 acre enclosure. It's ram hunting so most people don't really care but if you are driving a long ways to get there and then figure out it's a small pasture, I could see where someone might get REALLY upset.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
      Trey has good rams, just know that although the ranch is several hundred acres- the rams are in a 10 acre enclosure. It's ram hunting so most people don't really care but if you are driving a long ways to get there and then figure out it's a small pasture, I could see where someone might get REALLY upset.
      HA....He never mentions that...always 600+acres.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
        HA....He never mentions that...always 600+acres.
        Yeah I've told him he better be really careful with how he advertises his stuff- you said he always mentions if they want rams only that he lets the person know. Not sure if he does and that his business, but I could see someone driving down from Dallas etc and going bonkers on him when they showed up and figured it out

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/kuenstlerramhunting/

MAN... I dont know the guy, but that sure makes me lose alot of repect for him. I've seen his ad's on FB as well, sounds more like a scam artist.

Comment

I texted him, unrelated to this thread, and he told me his new ranch was 500ac, and the ram pasture is 75-100ac.

Comment

I see him advertise on fb as well, and the idea of a ram "pasture" is never mentioned...
              As someone who makes a living in this industry it makes my stomach turn, then infuriates me to see the direction people are taking it... Not trying to stir the pot at all... Everyone wants to get into it so bad that they're willing to throw ethics and sportsmanship out the door to create their image... Lol i do enjoy seeing others start new operations and do well as long as it's done right... Actually looked for this kids ads when I get on fb, but now I'm pretty disappointed and he just needs to stop...

Comment

At Bar J right now and could've killed plenty of rams. Not what I'm after tho,

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  At Bar J right now and could've killed plenty of rams. Not what I'm after tho,
                  x2

Comment

Hunts Bowhunting Ranch Avery Tx. has some good rams & an economy ram hunt also..

Comment

Overall ... Still can't beat Thompson Temple.

Comment

I will be looking into all of these spots. Unfortunately financially I can't afford a hunt like this often at all. I have been saving up for awhile to do this. Also with us moving to Idaho in the future it will be more difficult to get to Texas than where I am in AZ now. I definitely want a hunt not one tied up in a pen but want good numbers and quality to be able to provide me opportunities. Hoping for a full curl + and yes I know I'm asking for the world with all that I want but I know that Texas has great ranches and the great fellow TBHers on here have tons of experience and knowledge to lend a bit of advice and suggestions. Thank you all.

Comment

Any place that is cheap is going to be a canned hunt...They pretty much buy them at the auction barn and turn them loose. I don't mind that, if the place is pretty good size and you can get out and stretch your legs.

Comment

Hilltop ranch. Full curl Rams for $450.00 great operation. Contact Greg and tell him Cody sent you. 512-844-0252

Comment

Maverick351, sent ya a PM....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

My son & I aren't into Rams but one of my buddies went to Hunts Bowhunting & had a great time & took a couple good Rams a few years back.. We are booked for a Cow Red Deer in the fall as we're wanting to fill the freezer.

Comment

Working...
                                X